Thread: EDC Flashlight

Default EDC Flashlight

image.jpg

So I've been carrying a StreamLight stylus pro for about 3yrs now. Great little light and I would recommend it to anyone. My only minor complaint is that I would like a very similar style light but with an adjustable beam. I want to stick with a push button for quick on and off so that leads me away from most of the Maglites I've seen. Needs to be similar in size and weight and of good quality.

Surely one of y'all has something similar you would recommend
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 11-15-2017 at 10:20 PM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

My phone has a flashlight app I turn on when I take the dog out. It seems to work pretty well.

Streamlight Strion HL. Bigger than what you have but it's the best light I've had and I use it all the time at the shop. Super bright and has rechargeable batteries so you can just swap them out easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Strion that I carry when I REALLY need a flashlight. In fact, I just "re-located" it last week after losing it three years ago. Found it in my Columbia Widgeon jacket in the attic, where it was last used on a DNR draw hunt at Murphy Island. Still had a decent charge on it.

My EDC light, though, is a Streamlight ProTac 1L. Tiny, and I find that I use it constantly. Enough horsepower for light tactical use. I've considered going to the 2L version, and they make one that runs on AA OR C123 batteries.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

It is in a different category than what you fellas are discussing here but I just got
    a Milwaukee M18 Search Light and this thing is friggin amazing. Flood mode, spot mode or both at the same time.
    Its my new truck light and will come in handy for looking for deer shot at dark. Just got one for each of my sons too.
    I get these through our employee purchase program.

Streamlight protac 1L-1AA runs off of a single cr123 or AA battery and 350 lumens on the high setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    I have a Strion that I carry when I REALLY need a flashlight. In fact, I just "re-located" it last week after losing it three years ago. Found it in my Columbia Widgeon jacket in the attic, where it was last used on a DNR draw hunt at Murphy Island. Still had a decent charge on it.

My EDC light, though, is a Streamlight ProTac 1L. Tiny, and I find that I use it constantly. Enough horsepower for light tactical use. I've considered going to the 2L version, and they make one that runs on AA OR C123 batteries.
    I like this one as well. My only compaint is it isn't rechargeable, but the size is great. Its not adjustable, but has a good beam.

ThruNite TC12

Fenix UC35

These are two of the best EDC flashlights around. Both are based on CREE emitters that use 18650 form-factor rechargeable batteries (micro USB port on the flashlight). I had the UC35, but I think I left it under the hood of my pickup last week. Its gone. I'm going to replace with the ThruNite.

Are y'all using the EDC lights for hunting ?
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Mine is for every day carry, but I've trailed several deer with it.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Are y'all using the EDC lights for hunting ?
    I use mine for just about everything imaginable (work, looking under a vehicle good, shining it into a hollow tree before i stick my hand in to grab a squirrel out) . I have a better StreamLight in my deer hunting bag but it doesn't get used a lot.

I like a lot of the lights y'all have posted but they're all larger than what I have now, not sure I want that.
    Another thing I really like about the light I currently have is that I can order a two-pocket clip for it and clip it onto my hat bill and be hands free. Truth be told I may not find one that I like better for pocket carry.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Nitecore srt 5 is perfect for this or hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    ThruNite TC12

Fenix UC35

These are two of the best EDC flashlights around. Both are based on CREE emitters that use 18650 form-factor rechargeable batteries (micro USB port on the flashlight). I had the UC35, but I think I left it under the hood of my pickup last week. Its gone. I'm going to replace with the ThruNite.

Those Thru Nite lights are Bad. Ass. I ordered a TN Headlamp on a recommendation from Tater, it has not disappointed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.