Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by ECUPirate View Post
    So what's your theory? He's a terrible coach and no one wants him?
    Don't have one. Results speak for themselves. He's been a great coach. THAT'S WHY IT'S STRANGE! Tell me a coach that's had his success that wasn't talked about in every opening in college and the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Don't have one. Results speak for themselves. He's been a great coach. THAT'S WHY IT'S STRANGE! Tell me a coach that's had his success that wasn't talked about in every opening in college and the pros.
    Well, Saban is one of them. Why haven't any of these colleges gone after Saban?
    :FYT:

Well, Saban is one of them. Why haven't any of these colleges gone after Saban?
    Saban does get talked about all the time. He's been there done that. NFL and all. How much did we hear Saban to Texas? I mean Texas went for Herman. Why not Dabo? Why wouldn't Florida or Tennessee want him? I would think he'd be at the top of the list.
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 11-16-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Because Herman had made it pretty clear that he wanted a high profile job. Dabo has a high profile job, and isn't interested in leaving. AD's do not want to go after someone and get told "no", then have to go after their second choice. No one wants to be second choice, and no AD wants to be embarrassed by having a coach brush off their offer.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Because Herman had made it pretty clear that he wanted a high profile job. Dabo has a high profile job, and isn't interested in leaving. AD's do not want to go after someone and get told "no", then have to go after their second choice. No one wants to be second choice, and no AD wants to be embarrassed by having a coach brush off their offer.
    Hmmm. I've never been an AD but I would think my goal would be to get the best coach I could get. Getting told no hardly worries an AD I would think. Not making the call is the mistake. Most of the time, an AD will leak some names to get the fan base fired up if nothing else. Dabo is one of the most successful coaches in the country. It's the AD's job to get him. They are not calling. I just wonder why. And it aint because they know he won't leave or they are afraid to be told no.

Hmmm. I've never been an AD but I would think my goal would be to get the best coach I could get. Getting told no hardly worries an AD I would think. Not making the call is the mistake. Most of the time, an AD will leak some names to get the fan base fired up if nothing else. Dabo is one of the most successful coaches in the country. It's the AD's job to get him. They are not calling. I just wonder why. And it aint because they know he won't leave or they are afraid to be told no.
    They may be calling, behind the scenes. But they do not want it public, because they do not want everyone to know that someone did not want the job.

Say you are AD of a high profile school, and you have an opening. It would make more sense for you to discreetly talk to the high profile coaches and see if hey have any interest, before you go public with your interest. Say you want Saban, (no), then Dabo (no), then Meyer (no), then someone else (no) and you end up hiring someone who is your 5th choice. It does not look good that the big names don't want anything to do with you. It hurts recruiting, and it hurts fund raising. If you know that someone has no interest, it makes more sense for you to not act like you want them at all.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Curious as to how you know no one has called Dabo. Because it hasn't been talked about in the media?
    :FYT:

Curious as to how you know no one has called Dabo. Because it hasn't been talked about in the media?
    They may be. Usually at least some of that stuff gets leaked.

They may be. Usually at least some of that stuff gets leaked.
    Dabo's name has actually been mentioned several times with Texas AM. They they actually think they could get him!?!

Probably could talk to Ray Tanner about how AD's feel about being turned down. He has some experience in that area.

University of Florida has requested all public tracking of their two athletic department's planes (n100fg, n101fg) be disabled. The last time one was available to be viewed, it was somewhere in the NYC area. Curious why they would have both planes running right now.

And why would they know that? I mean hell, even the media brings up digging up Lombardi to coach somewhere. All college coaches with Dabo's success and even less get talked about coaching in the NFL. Very strange.
    It’s because he/his agent doesn’t float his damn name out to get more money every year. (See: Fisher and Miles)
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Nobody wants to compete against Saban except Dabo and Kiffin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Nobody wants to compete against Saban except Dabo and Kiffin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Kiffin would troll Saban hard and I would take him back in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Kiffin would troll Saban hard and I would take him back in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He'd leave again as soon as a PAC12 team flashed him cash.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    It’s because he/his agent doesn’t float his damn name out to get more money every year. (See: Fisher and Miles)
    Or maybe snake oil is getting harder to sell these days.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Or maybe snake oil is getting harder to sell these days.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    or maybe just maybe they know Watson has come and gone

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    or maybe just maybe they know Watson has come and gone
    Clemson will won their 10th game for the 7th straight year Sat. Watson was part of three of those. Clemson is currently #2 in the CFP rankings.

If Watson was at Clemson a national championship this year would be a foregone conclusion, but the shitter has treated them very nicely.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    but the shitter has treated them very nicely.
    You haven't got there yet, the journey is just starting

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    You haven't got there yet, the journey is just starting
    Seems like an awfully slow journey, but then, I guess they have a long way to go