Thread: Extended Appliance Warranty

Default Extended Appliance Warranty

Fridge shit the bed over the weekend. Repair man said the sealed system lost it's refrigerant and recommended just buying a new one vs. wasting 500+ on a fix that may not last that long before something else breaks. Unit is 2-3 years old and came with the house we bought.

About to pull the trigger on a fridge from HD/Lowes soon. Anyone have any experience with their extended warranty plans as of recent? The reviews are all over the place but I believe that is partially because of the 3rd party company they used to use.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Go buy from an independent/local appliance place. Might spend a few more dollars but the difference in customer service and service after the sale will be night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Go buy from an independent/local appliance place. Might spend a few more dollars but the difference in customer service and service after the sale will be night and day.
    This.

Also, do you have a home warranty through HSA or any of the others? Appliances are covered on some of those plans.

I'll look into the local guys. Unfortunately, we don't have a home warranty. I'd still like to hear from anyone that has experience with the extended appliance warranties.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Do not buy an LG. I have heard this from several repairmen. My wife's uncle had one that crapped out, and had to wait over a month to get the part needed to fix it.

i know i'm old and i just dont get some things any more....

but all you people talk about is warranties and buying shit you can return later, no questions asked.

I got a new fridge and simply expect it to work a while until it shits the bed and I have to get a new one. what am I missing about the quality of today's product? Do some fail in just a few years? if so, they better be the cheap ones and you get what you pay for. Maybe i should look at all these "reviews" you people speak of, too?

We got a GE....and it has a keurig on the door so I had to beat the shit out of it this morning to fit in.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i know i'm old and i just dont get some things any more....

but all you people talk about is warranties and buying shit you can return later, no questions asked.

I got a new fridge and simply expect it to work a while until it shits the bed and I have to get a new one. what am I missing about the quality of today's product? Do some fail in just a few years? if so, they better be the cheap ones and you get what you pay for. Maybe i should look at all these "reviews" you people speak of, too?

We got a GE....and it has a keurig on the door so I had to beat the shit out of it this morning to fit in.
    I never do the extended warranty on anything. But I always ask how much it is and do the math real quick. Let's keep it simple and say it's a $1000 item. And the warranty for 3 years is $100. So you telling me there is a 10% chance it won't last 3 years? This almost always gets a blank stare from the sales people as if I just did some math magic.

Not to mention most things come with a warranty for a year or so anyway. So you're really paying this for 2 years.

Good job on the keurig and the fridge.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 11-14-2017 at 12:16 PM.

We got The fridge for my new house from wessingers in Chapin. I told them what Lowes had it on sale for their Black Friday pre sale and wessingers beat it by 200 bucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mhogancu View Post
    We got The fridge for my new house from wessingers in Chapin. I told them what Lowes had it on sale for their Black Friday pre sale and wessingers beat it by 200 bucks
    Good people. Always have been

Lowes extended warranty shit is a scam. They make it so difficult to use you end up saying fuck it.

Kind of with 2fer, buy one, use it, toss it when it starts costing a bunch of money. Do your homework and don't buy one that has a Kuerigg in it or talks to you or your phone. The more shit attached, the shorter the lifespan.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    I never do the extended warranty on anything. But I always ask how much it is and do the math real quick. Let's keep it simple and say it's a $1000 item. And the warranty for 3 years is $100. So you telling me there is a 10% chance it won't last 3 years? This almost always gets a blank stare from the sales people as if I just did some math magic.

Not to mention most things come with a warranty for a year or so anyway. So you're really paying this for 2 years.

Good job on the keurig and the fridge.
    You did your math magic wrong, there is a less than 10% chance it wont last 3 years. Forgot to add in the Lowes profit margin.

Extended warranties are a way to make extra margin on the deal. Save your cash and invest it.

extended warranties are for people that suck at math

or dont beat their keurig machines

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    extended warranties are for people that suck at math
    That's about 90% of the general public

Very true.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by lowbudget View Post
    You did your math magic wrong, there is a less than 10% chance it wont last 3 years. Forgot to add in the Lowes profit margin.
    Why did you ruin this? Whiz kid thought sales associate were baffled with magic math and they were are actually thinking this poor guy don't grasp simple probability.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk