Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backpack recommendation?

Go big...Stone Glacier. Now you're ready for anything.

If you're looking to tote stuff a ways, maybe a trip out west, look at Eberlestock.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    Are you just looking for something to haul your stuff to the tree stand?
    Yea I carry a handful of small things with me(binos/rangefinder/gloves/extra face mask/etc), sometimes a snack/drink, an extra jacket or hat...little things. Keep an extra safety harness clip, a wad of 550 cord...just looking for something to be a little more organized then like stated above where everything is in one compartment and gets shuffled to the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cast and Blast 17 w/ Opti power

It isn't camo, but my "go to the stand" pack for gun hunting is a coyote tan 5.11 MOAB 6. Yes... it's a satchel.

For decent quality in a readily available pack, I like 5.11 stuff. The RUSH 12 or 24 may fit your bill, and you could likely find it in Multicam if you want something camo.

D4F948EE-1357-4A00-8492-C9900FE4853C.jpg
    I’ve been looking at this one. To hell with riding a 4 wheeler one handed in the cold.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Quote Originally Posted by dmatheny21 View Post
    D4F948EE-1357-4A00-8492-C9900FE4853C.jpg
    I’ve been looking at this one. To hell with riding a 4 wheeler one handed in the cold.
    If I was goin to spen that much change I would get a badlands they will do the same thing.

Wool satchel. Close thread.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

sorry, we're not taking advice from someone who had to ask if he was using said backpack to take items to a deer stand....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

When have you ever taken advice?
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

you're not baiting me...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Don't bait too much. You'll become a master.

A couple of my go to packs

IMG_2616.jpg
    IMG_2618.jpg
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    That looks like a good woman.

I've recently upgraded packs due to my old canvas 'minimalist' pack needing more repairs than I cared to do for now. I've now got an ALPS Dark Timber day pack, which is a nice lower price pack and has several pockets for organizing smaller items, along with room for a 3L hydration pouch. It claims to have 2300+/- cubic inches, but don't believe ALPS' numbers. I think they are about 15-20% high compared to other brands, because of the method they use to measure the volume.

The other pack I just recently picked up is a Badlands Diablo Dos, which is an outstanding pack and runs around 2200 cu in, but based on the way they measure their volume (compared to ALPS) I think it is actually a little larger. My only issue with it is that it doesn't fit me properly so I'm going to be exchanging it, but haven't decided on which one to go with.

The ALPS is a decent day pack, and they do have larger models with internal frames, but the Badlands is several steps above, IMO. You really can't go wrong with either one depending on what your desires are.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 11-14-2017 at 08:38 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    I've recently upgraded packs due to my old canvas 'minimalist' pack needing more repairs than I cared to do for now. I've now got an ALPS Dark Timber day pack, which is a nice lower price pack and has several pockets for organizing smaller items, along with room for a 3L hydration pouch. It claims to have 2300+/- cubic inches, but don't believe ALPS' numbers. I think they are about 15-20% high compared to other brands, because of the method they use to measure the volume.

The other pack I just recently picked up is a Badlands Diablo Dos, which is an outstanding pack and runs around 2200 cu in, but based on the way they measure their volume (compared to ALPS) I think it is actually a little larger. My only issue with it is that it doesn't fit me properly so I'm going to be exchanging it, but haven't decided on which one to go with.

The ALPS is a decent day pack, and they do have larger models with internal frames, but the Badlands is several steps above, IMO. You really can't go wrong with either one depending on what your desires are.
    I'll be up that way in a couple weeks if you want to see how the 2200 fits. I can throw it in the truck.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    I'll be up that way in a couple weeks if you want to see how the 2200 fits. I can throw it in the truck.
    Sure thing. Let me know when you'll be up this way... North of Anderson.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'