Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for opinions on wireless carriers...

Default Looking for opinions on wireless carriers...

Have had Verizon for many years mainly due to coverage in rural areas between the coast and the midlands....haven't shopped plans/service in years.

Growing weary of the data overage every month with Verizon and honestly think its a ploy to get us to switch to the new unlimited plan.

Anybody with some experiences either good or bad with the likes of Sprint and Tmobile as opposed to Verizon?

I have noticed that my verizon reception has gotten worse and worse
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Yep. Same here.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I drop several calls a day in places that I did not previously. Supposedly Verizon sold a pile of towers to AT&T and they have switched those towers over in the past 6 months or so.

Can't speak for T-Mobile or Sprint but several customers of mine have switched to AT&T in the past several months and say the service is much better.
    cut\'em

That's the same thing I am seeing here on the coast. And my data usage has gone through the roof for no explicable reason...I haven't gone over on data in years and now suddenly my wife and I are burning through 10gigs in 2 weeks. The notice always is joined by the "Get unlimited data today" advertisement.

Some guy at work had Tmobile and half the emails he sent from his phone wouldn't even go thru. Can't comment on phone quality or text but if you use your phone a lot for email, then Tmobile is garbage.

I switched from Sprint to Verizon earlier this year...Couldn't be happier.

Sprint blows...at least up here in the upstate and WNC. Their customer service was horrible.

Wife uses Tmobile and likes it.
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

I switched to AT&T a while back. Should've done it a year ago. Much better service
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I live in saluda and go all over rural areas around. I switched from Verizon to at&t three months ago. Saved $100 a month over Verizon and the reception is better. Honestly it’s one of the best decisions I have ever made.

I switched from Verizon to SmartTalk a couple years ago and love it. $45/month, period, no more....no less. Still on The Verizon network and haven't noticed any change in reception.

Fuck paying those vampires at Verizon.

It is okay. I've got six lines through Tmobile, business. I don't do email though, kinda, but rarely. I will pick up the phone and call, won't respond to salespeople or companies on email, just a few friends if I see it. I've got an unlimited plan, doesn't seem too pricey to me, around the coast is okay service. Around the Midlands is fine, except heading up 97, but I think everyone's is bad around the lake. I can get service in my front yard and some places on the water up there.

The customer service with tmobile is painful, I call a business line if I have any problems.

I can’t speak to smart talk but if you are looking for a carrier you have two options. Verizon or AT&T. I currently have both. And I’ve had others. These are the only ones worth a flip for the roads you travel

I switched to sprint from Verizon, lasted 2 weeks an I switched back to Verizon. Sprint sucks an I've heard T-Mobile is just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    That's the same thing I am seeing here on the coast. And my data usage has gone through the roof for no explicable reason...I haven't gone over on data in years and now suddenly my wife and I are burning through 10gigs in 2 weeks. The notice always is joined by the "Get unlimited data today" advertisement.
    Whether you have an iPhone or android, there is a setting you can turn off that will cut down on the amount of data you are using. Was happening on my Galaxy until I turned it off. Maybe someone else can shed some more light on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Whether you have an iPhone or android, there is a setting you can turn off that will cut down on the amount of data you are using. Was happening on my Galaxy until I turned it off. Maybe someone else can shed some more light on it.

House divided. If anyone has that info I would appreciate it....

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    House divided. If anyone has that info I would appreciate it....
    You can log on to see if it’s you or her that is using all the data.

I've been seeing a drop in Verizion service reception as well. Those who switched, and sorry to the OP for off topic, but do you use their internet for home internet rather than say Centurylink, or charter etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

My personal phone is AT&T and my work phone is Verizon. I do not see where one has an advantage over the other.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Also, I have no “proof” but it is of my opinion and experience that newer phones and updated phones have better service. I’ve seen this a few times when I or my wife switched or updated phones.

I had AT&T for years. Switched to Verizon a couple of years ago. The only real area I have noticed better service is is around Tim Smith country. I never got service with AT&T, but it got better with Verizon.

I agree on the scam for the unlimited plan. Their tiers suck. I've got the older one and I don't want to change it because if I'll have to go down or go up to Unlimited.

Check to make sure wifi is on both phones. I've been burned by that before. Log onto the verizon website/app to see which phone is using all the data. Then look in the settings under data usage and you should be able to see what apps are using up the data. Then dig into why that is. Some apps such as email have settings to download automatically vs when you access it.