Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Butch Jones....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Foie Gras View Post
    I don't get the infatuation with Gruden. He won a Super Bowl, with Tony Dungy's team, against his former team, that apparently had not bothered to change their play calling and signals. Other than that, what's he done to garner all the hopes and dreams of Vol nation every time the job comes open. I still say they ought to be going after Mike Gundy.
    He has ties to the NFL and that's all college kids care about. Making it to the next level.
    :FYT:

Quote Originally Posted by ECUPirate View Post
    He has ties to the NFL and that's all college kids care about. Making it to the next level.
    And a guy like that would put together a staff that wouldn't fail and he isn't going to leave what he has to come and get his ass kicked. He would recruit on a Saban level. Saban isn't tweeting to kids and begging 17-18 year olds to play. He doesn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    On the other side of the coin...where do yall think Butch Jones will end up?? LOL
    On a beach with a drink in his hand.

I think Gruden would be a mistake. Might have them on probation
    Last edited by Highcotton; 11-16-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foie Gras View Post
    I don't get the infatuation with Gruden. He won a Super Bowl, with Tony Dungy's team, against his former team, that apparently had not bothered to change their play calling and signals. Other than that, what's he done to garner all the hopes and dreams of Vol nation every time the job comes open. I still say they ought to be going after Mike Gundy.
    Honestly Chip Kelly would scare me more than the Grudenator.

Gruden is in a better situation making MNF money and letting everyone think he is the answer than actually taking a head coaching job and letting everyone find that he is not.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

Y'all realize that Gruden has said in the past he didn't want to coach college ball because he didn't want to recruit. That he hated recruiting. Hope they find someon to do that part of the job for him.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

There is a plane about to land in Knoxville that is flying up from Tampa. Some, think that Gruden is on the plane. Someone is periscoping the arrival.....

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1gqxvYArMkjJB

hiring Gruden will end UT football for good. You are already paying Butch $206k a month for the next 40 months. You will have to pay Gruden 7-8 million+ a year. He has no experience recruiting, he has not been in coaching since 2008. He only had 5 winning seasons as a HC and was a career .540 coach. He had a 57-55 record with the Bucs after winning the super bowl with Dungy's team.

He hasn't even been in college football since 1992.

I mean might as well hire Don Shula.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    On the other side of the coin...where do yall think Butch Jones will end up?? LOL
    Georgia 2020.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    hiring Gruden will end UT football for good. You are already paying Butch $206k a month for the next 40 months. You will have to pay Gruden 7-8 million+ a year. He has no experience recruiting, he has not been in coaching since 2008. He only had 5 winning seasons as a HC and was a career .540 coach. He had a 57-55 record with the Bucs after winning the super bowl with Dungy's team.

He hasn't even been in college football since 1992.

I mean might as well hire Don Shula.

I will forward to the AD. Tennessee has boosters throwing money out there that literally make all of those figures a rounding error.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    And a guy like that would put together a staff that wouldn't fail and he isn't going to leave what he has to come and get his ass kicked. He would recruit on a Saban level. Saban isn't tweeting to kids and begging 17-18 year olds to play. He doesn't have to.
    Are you High??? Recruit on a Saban level... Come on man. You usually aren't one of the more ignorant folks in the sports forum.

I'm glad you're sold on this hire. I could care less. I'm just telling you, it would be a mistake imo and if I was you I'd hope it doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    Are you High??? Recruit on a Saban level... Come on man. You usually aren't one of the more ignorant folks in the sports forum.

I'm glad you're sold on this hire. I could care less. I'm just telling you, it would be a mistake imo and if I was you I'd hope it doesn't happen.
    Watch Clay Travis's videos on it. Gruden literally is on a first name basis with everyone in the NFL and everyone in the country knows who he is. Every kid wants to play in the NFL and would flock to Gruden.
    Last edited by led0321; 11-16-2017 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Georgia 2020.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    LOL...I hope not.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Look at all the Grumors floating around.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Watch Clay Travis's videos on it. Gruden literally is on a first name basis with everyone in the NFL and everyone in the country knows who he is. Every kid wants to play in the NFL and would flock to Gruden.
    I'm not going to try and open your eyes anymore. You're sold. Best of luck! I hope they hire him.
    It will be the cherry on top of the epic,shitty hires at Tennessee since fat Phil.

Question is. Does he know what to do with them when they get there? Hell, the life champion brick mason had some outstanding recruiting classes.

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    I'm not going to try and open your eyes anymore. You're sold. Best of luck! I hope they hire him.
    It will be the cherry on top of the epic,shitty hires at Tennessee since fat Phil.
    Lol....I will forward your comments to the AD, Peyton, Phil, Haynesworth etc. I am sure they make it part of their decision.

damn LED is drinking the Kool Aid...

Jim Mora, Lane Kiffin, Bobby P, and Jim Harbaugh know everyone in the NFL as well.

Jim Mora's record is about .500 in the Pac 12.

Bobby P's record at UL in the ACC is 32-19, avg 8 wins/yr

Harbaugh hasnt done anything with a ranked team

Lane Kiffin is, well, you know all about that.

Congrats with making another huge coaching mistake.
    Last edited by LowcountryBuck; 11-16-2017 at 04:54 PM.