Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Butch Jones....

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    From the link I? posted. Your stupid ass posted information that the old AD inherited when he took over. Keep up son

“Tennessee had both the most revenue ($107.1 million) and most profits ($78.9 million) of all 14 SEC football programs”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I actually copied that same line but decided I should leave that for you. The other article starts with In 2011 Hart inherited....

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    All boils down to a first year AD not wanting to have to fire a coach 9 months into his job...
    One can only hope they were doing their research all this time. And I don't mean Gruden or Kiffin.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    I actually copied that same line but decided I should leave that for you. The other article starts with In 2011 Hart inherited....
    The speculation is that the AD felt that Jones had the best chance to get the team bowl eligible. Once they lost Saturday it was over.

Just got back in the black for their operating budget and paying off $200 million in debt... wouldn't call that rolling in it is all I'm saying.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

From the link I? posted. Your stupid ass posted information that the old AD inherited when he took over. Keep up son

“Tennessee had both the most revenue ($107.1 million) and most profits ($78.9 million) of all 14 SEC football programs”

But when you are that bad and know the coach is gone regardless...why would you wait so long and base the decision on becoming bowl eligible? Just doesn’t add up to me.

Edit: I quoted the wrong post but the statement remains.
    Last edited by reeltight; 11-13-2017 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJA View Post
    Just got back in the black for their operating budget and paying off $200 million in debt... wouldn't call that rolling in it is all I'm saying.
    Poor guy.

Poor guy.

K
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

They have waited so long for 1 reason. They don't have a clue who to hire to replace him. Yeah, they want a big name and have the cedar to pay up but The Who is still the ?
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Time will tell and it won’t be long. I? think very few Tennessee fans have any faith they will do it “right”.

Ain't that the truth. The whole family in Tennessee are up in arms about it.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

I? like listening to Jason Swain and he is saying that there are big time coaches looking at Tennessee this time around. That hasn’t happened in the past.

UT has plenty of $$$ that should not be a problem

Question is WHO they go after, with Florida & Ole Miss (not sure how attractive Ole Miss is ) and it appears A&M will be open as well

I am also hearing that there is a group of boosters in Texas that is willing to buy on Jimbo's $40million contract to bring him to Texas (still not sure WHY he would leave FSU )

The coaching carousel begins

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    He would make an awesome get back coach for the Mus-champ
    Or bucket-holder.

I?f Airraid will post in here we can have DJA’s opinion, Tprice and his and I? will forward to the Tennessee AD so he can formulate a plan.

LED, update your phone man. You killing me with the ? marks

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    LED, update your phone man. You killing me with the ? marks
    Working on it...I thought it was a Tapatalk issue

Working on it...I thought it was a Tapatalk issue
    Maybe update tapatalk? Not sure. But I posted the earlier comments from tapatalk and haven't seen it. I'm on android, so I guess it could be a tapatalk issue with the apple version.

The big difference between the current hire that replaces Butch and the hiring of Butch is the level of talent that is(or was) already on campus.

5 years ago the cupboards were BARE...too big of a rebuild project coupled with some of the toughest schedules in all of FBS(SECEast, Permanent West in Bama, and Oregon, home/home with OU)made the job unattractive to many big names. Also, Mike Hart was barely a year into his first ever job as an AD when he had to start selling a program that was reeling in shambles from the Derek Dooley project. The amount of talent that is on campus now is unreal. Butch's four recruiting classes consisted of 4 Top 15 classes, two of which were Top 5. Those classes were what shortened his leash up tremendously since the talent was there but the results were not. Butch should have been fired the moment he burned Josh Dobbs redshirt for 2.5 games. As has been said earlier, UT had the talent on campus the last two years to BEAT anybody on their schedule, BUT they also had the coaching on campus capable of LOSING to everybody on their schedule.

That being said, there is already some "smoke" from some of the larger names regarding interest in the job....and whether the local Coot contingent cares to admit it or not, UT is widely considered to be one of the top 10-15 jobs in modern era college football and definitely top 10 in financial resources. They have the facilities, the fanbase, the income, and the support of the administration to make the job very attractive to most.

Put some more minutes on that smart phone peaches
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    The big difference between the current hire that replaces Butch and the hiring of Butch is the level of talent that is(or was) already on campus.

5 years ago the cupboards were BARE...too big of a rebuild project coupled with some of the toughest schedules in all of FBS(SECEast, Permanent West in Bama, and Oregon, home/home with OU)made the job unattractive to many big names. Also, Mike Hart was barely a year into his first ever job as an AD when he had to start selling a program that was reeling in shambles from the Derek Dooley project. The amount of talent that is on campus now is unreal. Butch's four recruiting classes consisted of 4 Top 15 classes, two of which were Top 5. Those classes were what shortened his leash up tremendously since the talent was there but the results were not. Butch should have been fired the moment he burned Josh Dobbs redshirt for 2.5 games. As has been said earlier, UT had the talent on campus the last two years to BEAT anybody on their schedule, BUT they also had the coaching on campus capable of LOSING to everybody on their schedule.

That being said, there is already some "smoke" from some of the larger names regarding interest in the job....and whether the local Coot contingent cares to admit it or not, UT is widely considered to be one of the top 10-15 jobs in modern era college football and definitely top 10 in financial resources. They have the facilities, the fanbase, the income, and the support of the administration to make the job very attractive to most.
    One of the best posts I've seen in the sports forum in a while. And yeah I know that seems like a backhanded compliment, but I was being sincere.