Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yamaha 30 bogging down

The carbs were cleaned almost a year ago and looked clean but I could be wrong. I didn’t mess with the air mixture screw at all, maybe I should have. To my knowledge I didn’t adjust any other screws. I just took off the linkages and took the carbs off.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Gone South View Post
    While this is important to check cause it's usually the first to stop up, that's the slow speed jet not the main jet. Sounds like a main jet fuel delivery issue to me.
    Is the main jet the one you can see sticking up through the carb?
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Yes it's round and has a single hole in the middle. The slow speed jet is next to it under a rubber plug. That's what krt is referring to

Quote Originally Posted by Gone South View Post
    Yes it's round and has a single hole in the middle. The slow speed jet is next to it under a rubber plug. That's what krt is referring to
    Ok yeah. So yeah my main jet is clear. The other jet does has a screw over it instead of a rubber plug. I got the other out and they were all clear also.
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer

- Rhett Butler

Take them apart, soak them, blow everything out with air, reassemble with float set correctly and you most likely will be good to go.
    Can't always see the trash and inside those tiny passages. Rebuild completely and know you have clean carbs.

Ran it this afternoon with new tank and fresh gas and it ran fine.
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer

- Rhett Butler