Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WHAT IF The U runs the table and wins NC??

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    So, the answer is yes, you're going to pay Kirby to do the same thing Richt did?

I'm thinking Richt wins a NC at Miami before Kirby wins one at Jawja.
    I’ll second that. I’ll also take a bet on it. Richt wins a NC at Miami before Kirby at Georgia.

So, the answer is yes, you're going to pay Kirby to do the same thing Richt did?

I'm thinking Richt wins a NC at Miami before Kirby wins one at Jawja.
    Well, I don't make the decisions at UGA, but to venture a guess, I'd say yes, until he's had time to get a field full of his recruits and the shit show that was richt's team gone, I have no problem with Georgia paying Kirby for his service. If, in 3 or 4 years they're still beating themselves with stupidity and there's another decent coach available, show him the road. I have no delusions about Georgia. I said 2 weeks ago that they were not the #1 team and being ranked too high that early in the season was the kiss of death.I said after last week that if they brought that half ass play that squeaked them by SC that Auburn would own them. I said all that BEFORE and DURING games. I didn't hide out until afterwards to come running in like Monday morning fan beating my chest acting like they won because of me and disappearing like a fart in the wind when they lose. I don't dislike Clemson, I'm tickled to death for Dabo's success(which didn't come overnight), and I'm glad they're doing as well as they are. What's bullshit is the fair weather fans like you that are nowhere to be found when the struggle is on, but are #1 fan and head braggart after a win.
    But, back to the point- what was Dabo's record in his first few seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    I'll worry about Miami after playing South Carolina. Clemson won't overlook the Citadel either because a loss to the Citadel by a division 1 school would be embarrassing for a looooong time.
    You reckon. Seems like yesterday the Mighty Gamecocks played them. And LOST. BAWAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

By the way, I also said 4 or 5 years ago (while Richt was still at Georgia) that he would thrive in the ACC. I said that in jest while the sec was still the powerhouse and the ACC WAS their sickly little cousin. Screw mark Richt. Y'all can have him.
    Last edited by Pcole; 11-12-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcole View Post
    Well, I don't make the decisions at UGA, but to venture a guess, I'd say yes, until he's had time to get a field full of his recruits and the shit show that was richt's team gone, I have no problem with Georgia paying Kirby for his service. If, in 3 or 4 years they're still beating themselves with stupidity and there's another decent coach available, show him the road. I have no delusions about Georgia. I said 2 weeks ago that they were not the #1 team and being ranked too high that early in the season was the kiss of death.I said after last week that if they brought that half ass play that squeaked them by SC that Auburn would own them. I said all that BEFORE and DURING games. I didn't hide out until afterwards to come running in like Monday morning fan beating my chest acting like they won because of me and disappearing like a fart in the wind when they lose. I don't dislike Clemson, I'm tickled to death for Dabo's success(which didn't come overnight), and I'm glad they're doing as well as they are. What's bullshit is the fair weather fans like you that are nowhere to be found when the struggle is on, but are #1 fan and head braggart after a win.
    But, back to the point- what was Dabo's record in his first few seasons?
    Uhmm, I'm always in the thread whether Clemson is playing well or not. I typically call it like I see it as well. Not sure where you get the fair-weather bullshit. And I've said since Clemson beat Auburn that Auburn would beat Jawja or Bama and maybe both. So take your uncomprehending bullshit elsewhere. I can't help it that I'd rather be hunting that sitting around drinking and eating my ass off, pretty sure you can go back 4-5 years and see the consistency.

Glad you admit the Dawgs were over-rated, at least there's one of you that does.

Quote Originally Posted by DJA View Post
    Miami will keep Clemson out of the playoffs.
    That is impossible, Climp5in is too elite, too deep, next man up, bring your own guts
    unless of course they have a Friday night game, cause we all know "that's just not fair"

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Clemson won't overlook the Citadel either
    This Citadel team is garbage, nowhere is good as the team they have had the previous two years. They lost their best playmakers.
    Furman beat the dog shit out of them yesterday 56 - 20. Dabo will run the score up on these poor bastards like crazy next week.

Dabo will get a comfortable lead and play 3rd string as quickly as possible.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Dabo will get a comfortable lead and play 3rd string as quickly as possible.
    He was playing 3rd string against Wake Forest when it was 14-0. He might start the 3rd string this week.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Richt is a class act. He can win a NC now he is at a football school.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Larry Coker won a natty at Miami.
    Seriously, Georgia and Mark Richt needed to part ways for several reasons. It was good for both. How many Olineman did Richt put in the league? That is the very reason you give Kirby 4 years. I have said it before look at last year and this years o line recruiting. World's apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Highcotton View Post
    Larry Coker won a natty at Miami.
    Seriously, Georgia and Mark Richt needed to part ways for several reasons. It was good for both. How many Olineman did Richt put in the league? That is the very reason you give Kirby 4 years. I have said it before look at last year and this years o line recruiting. World's apart.
    They looked solid Saturday big difference, really.

BTW, you will understand the importance of quality Olineman recruiting when Trevor Lawrence is being sacked. You need to also realize it is the longest position to develop. Most have made a living in high school just by being bigger.
    Kirby is starting a RFr and a true freshman on the right side of the line. Folks can't always be Bear Bryant and make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Richt didn't leave Georgia in a good place on offense. Year two of Kirby.
    Last edited by Highcotton; 11-14-2017 at 08:23 AM.

If Miami gets that 90s swagger back the ACC better look out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post

Richt won't let them go that far. Jimmy Johnson wasn't actually a very scrupulous coach.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post

Any improvement and competition from that division will be a good thing. Don't count out Richt. He will only have 2 to 3 tough games in most years ...

With one being the ACCCG.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 11-14-2017 at 07:10 PM.

One or two more than teams playing in the East will have.
    Carolina Counsel

If anyone can sell what Richt is selling at Miami its Him. He is one of theirs. Though a backup, he has roots in the U. BUT, he is different. He runs a clean program. He is a disciplinarian. He is everything the U isn't.....but I think it will work.

Its bad for Clemson IMO. He is selling the same thing Dabo sells to south Florida recruits. He is good in front of momma. "I will take care of your son and make him a man...(of God.)" I think Deon Cain and Ray Ray McCleod's mommas would have been swayed by Mark, and he is a lot closer to home. There is a whole lot of south and central Florida talent on the Clemson roster. Luckily Dabo has a head start and has some hardware to dangle in recruits faces.

Miami being good is good for college football and is good for the ACC. Remember, the divisions were set up so that FSU/Miami would be in the champ game in Tampa.....

I hated the U thug shtick. It will be weird seeing what Richt will do with it. Will he embrace the thug or will it be a kinder gentler U?
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Richt is a class act. He can win a NC now he is at a football school.

Nothing personal against UGA but I am a huge Richt fan, IF Tigers can not win it damn sure would love to see Richt led Miami win it. In fact a NC game with UGA and The U would be pretty damn fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Any improvement and competition from that division will be a good thing. Don't count out Richt. He will only have 2 to 3 tough games in most years ...

With one being the ACCCG.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Duh, it’s the ACC