Thread: On the move...

Default On the move...

S.C. - Standing alone against Northern aggression since 1861 (LAT)

cool

Check it out

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

hope it keeps up

Total ducks on the Mississippi River were staggering at 146% above the 10-yr average and 86% above last week’s count. We had an influx of divers throughout the Mississippi River bordering Illinois, and we estimated 38,500 bluebills on Pool 19 this week. Most noteworthy was the number of birds in confluence region of the Illinois & Mississippi rivers. Swan Lake, which is part of Two Rivers National Wildlife Refuge, was holding ~324,000 ducks. This number is very large for the first week of November. In fact, this was the 3rd largest duck count at Swan Lake since the inception of the waterfowl surveys back in 1948; only to be beaten by December 5th, 1955 (581,495 ducks) and November 28th, 1952 (341,595 ducks). It was the largest count of northern pintail, gadwall, and ring-necked ducks ever recorded at Swan Lake, and the 65,400 gadwall at Swan Lake was the largest number recorded at one location along the Illinois and Mississippi rivers over the 69-yr history of the waterfowl survey.

OHIO -last weeks count was a 97% increase in birds over the same time last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

OMG, we have over 13,000 members on here. Don't tell them that ducks may actually be moving in our general direction. Someone may get the idea to go out and shoot up at one or two of them as they fly by.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Talked to my buddy in Southern Illinois and said they are loaded up. Be there thanksgiving day. First trip to IL
    80-20 Genaration

Know a mess of ducks were killed in a state out west directly resulting from a front last week.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Colin4 View Post
    Know a mess of ducks were killed in a state out west directly resulting from a front last week.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    There’s been a mess of ducks killed out west since October. Huge surprise...