Thread: Swim bladder

Default Swim bladder

Anyone ever “fizzed” a fish? Had a situation today on the water and watched a few videos, but couldn’t seem to get it to work. As we were pulling up to the bank today, we noticed a nice fish swimming in circles on the surface. 3.5 lb bass upside down struggling. Belly was swollen to the max. Did some quick google research, but not having a long needle in the boat, there wasn’t much we could do. Just wondering if anyone has done it successfully?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Venting offshore fish was the standard and now moving towards descent devices.

If you have cleaned a fair amount of fish, easy to visualize where you need to be. Behind the pec fin and below the lateral line.
    Last edited by scdiver; 11-08-2017 at 05:31 AM.

I’ve done it with a long thin hook on a number of occasions when I didn’t have a needle. It does work

Done it many times. Its best to do it in live well, not over the side. Lay Pectorial fin flat against the fish.....go back 3 scales from end......slide needle under the 3rd scale and then turn the needle perpendicular to fish and mash it in. you can feel when you penetrate air bladder..... put fish in live well and wait until air bubbles stop coming out.

Also, this needle from Tackle Whare house works well. You can just use a needle for a horse shot.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Fish_...oaAhHhEALw_wcB

Last edited by Catdaddy; 11-09-2017 at 11:11 AM.