Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saturday 11/4

Wow. Glad your son is ok. Hope DNR can get somewhere with their investigation. I rarely wear orange when hunting turkey or deer because I’m always on family land. But anymore it’s no telling who’s in the woods with you.

RH, the thought crossed my mind until the guy hunting with us told me they were texting to each other, the other guy also happens to be an EMT so i figured he was trying to figure out how bad it was until we could get to him

Like everyone has said glad to hear that he is alive. Cannot imagine getting that text, I don't know how you kept it together enough to get down the tree without falling. I really hate this story because I wish there was something I could suggest to remedy/prevent this issue, but my mind is blank. It's YOUR property, no one else should be there. Any chance the bullet came from another property nearby? Or was it loud enough that it definitely was from your land? Also, I am assuming it sounded like a high caliber rifle?

Put up as many game cams as you can. My dad always taught me that if someone was truly a sack of shit, sooner than later they will slip up and bury themselves. In this case, I hope it involves the SOB going to jail. Any chance your son remembers exactly where he was, in hopes of maybe finding a bullet buried in a tree? Although, even if you did find it, linking that bullet and the one that grazed your son would be difficult.

Any lawyers on here have input on this?
    Never confuse enthusiasm for capability

Abarill, when I heard the shot it was close enough that I thought he had shot again. Definitely a deer rifle. Only place the bullet would be is in the dirt. I may go back Saturday with a metal detector and see if I can find it. Along with moving cameras.

My gosh man. This is terrifying. Glad he’s okay
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Omg that's scary as fuck. Makes me wanna wear blaze orange on private land too. Thank God they didn't hit what they were aming at

Holy hell- glad this didn't turn out a different way. Jeez that's scary
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

damn. thats about as scary of a situation as can be had, hunting on private land. hope you all said a special prayer, The Lord was looking after him and THAT is definately something to be thankful for!

that said, i would have had to give him a talking to about sending me a text rather than a phone call... dont worry about ruining my sit, because at the point of my son getting shot the deer hunt is over anyway- it becomes a manhunt.
    Last edited by DoubleSprig; 11-07-2017 at 04:59 AM.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Glad he is ok and hope you find the culprit. If you do- don't shoot him- let someone else with an alibi do it.
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 11-07-2017 at 06:20 AM.

Damn scary situation

Dang. That is crazy. What county you hunting in?

Did you check to see if your son had the right amount of bullets and not one less? Could it have been a rope burn? Could he have accidently shot a second round off and know that you would be pissed and came up with a story? Why was shooter not seen yet shot was amongst the 3 of you?
    Low country redneck who moved north

Scary! Glad he's ok!

We've been dealing with a trespasser and this thread makes me want to crawl out of the woods!

Quote Originally Posted by ScLowCountry View Post
    Omg that's scary as fuck. Makes me wanna wear blaze orange on private land too. Thank God they didn't hit what they were aming at
    Just curious, why wouldn't you even on private? At least walking in and out? This is a prima example of idiots everywhere!!

Blaze orange really looks hideous, it clashes with everything.

And Sawdust, that's horrible.

Privater land and wearing orange at the bottom of the stand. Scary. Intentional? Really mad neighbors? Tough to think that could be a complete accident from a poacher.

Glad your kids ok. That's a bad feeling

Really glad to hear that you son is okay! I cannot imagine the fear that struck you at that moment.

Fairfield county. Couldn't see behind where he was because it is really thick. He had the right number of bullets that he went in with.