Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saturday 11/4

Default Saturday 11/4

I think that I have calmed down enough to post this. Saturday afternoon I made sure that my son got in his stand and then went to my stand. Our stands were about 60 yards apart but looking opposite directions. I heard him shoot and he texted me that it was a coyote. About 10 minutes later he texted me that he was getting out of the stand to take a leak, told him go ahead. A few minutes later I heard another shot, thought it was him, also had another friend hunting within eye site of my son, through texts no one had shot. My son the texts me saying that he had been grazed by a bullet. I tried texting him back but he wouldn't answer ( found out after that he was texting our friend that could see him). I don't think my climber touched the tree when I was coming down to get to him. Thank God that when I got to him the place on his arm that got grazed was like a rope burn almost. He DID NOT need medical attention. A half millimeter closer and it would have really messed his arm up. We we're hunting private land and wearing orange.

I guess what I'm saying is even on private land you never know who else is there. Y'all please forgive any grammar mistakes, I'm still shook up over it

Glad your son is ok.

Did you find the shooter?

Holy Crap!!!

Did you see who it was?

Did they die?
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Damnit, glad it wasn't worst than a rope burn . That is my worst fear walking out at night. I shine my light every direction when my feet hit the ground.

Never found the shooter. This happened at about 5:30 so we looked some while waiting on DNR. The officer got there just before dark so he got gps coordinates and went back yesterday to try and recreate it

Pbiz, didn't find the shooter, which is probably a good thing for me

Ho Lee Shit! Was it his friend that shot at him? Ho Lee Shit!

I was taught very young that getting out of the stand early could be deadly. Traipsing around at prime deer time is dangerous. If you have to move at dusk, carry a light, not to see but to be seen.

WTF? Who shot? What kind of area is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

My son was the only one that fired a shot Saturday. It was still daylight when he got down and he only went to the bottom of the ladder. This happened on private land that my family has been leasing for 30 years

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Damnit, glad it wasn't worst than a rope burn . That is my worst fear walking out at night. I shine my light every direction when my feet hit the ground.
    I've been doing this a lot more lately. I use to creep into and out of the stand but, I've realized there are some complete dumbfucks with guns out there. One day reading that SC Deer Forum on FB and I'm looking for some spotlight suits that light up with disco balls and strobe lights.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Glad your son is ok. I cannot imagine how scared you both were.

It's still got me messed up and our friend that was with us. My son wants to go back this Saturday

how far from a road or river or boardering property were you if you don't mind me asking?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

How close to a property line were y'all?

Thats terrible indeed, so glad he is ok man.
    Genesis 9;2

Probably 100 to 125 yards from the road, we checked along the road for a casing

The road is pretty much our property line in the direction the shot came from

Wow. I'm so sorry. That is aweful.

I'm glad he's okay but I would have kicked his butt for texting me that he was grazed by a bullet followed by radio silence...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.