Thread: Youth bow

Default Youth bow

I took my 7 year old camping/hunting this weekend with a few other fathers and sons. One of the boys had a Diamond youth bow set up with rest, peep, sight, quiver, etc. My boy loved it. He liked that it was set up like a "real" bow, as compared to the little Bear I got for him when he was 3 or 4. I would like to get him a new bow for Christmas, but the $230 price tag on the Diamond is a bit much. Any recommendations? I was looking at the Genesis, which seems like it could be a good option. I want something that has adjustable poundage and draw length so it can grow with him and his siblings. Thanks, CC
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    I took my 7 year old camping/hunting this weekend with a few other fathers and sons. One of the boys had a Diamond youth bow set up with rest, peep, sight, quiver, etc. My boy loved it. He liked that it was set up like a "real" bow, as compared to the little Bear I got for him when he was 3 or 4. I would like to get him a new bow for Christmas, but the $230 price tag on the Diamond is a bit much. Any recommendations? I was looking at the Genesis, which seems like it could be a good option. I want something that has adjustable poundage and draw length so it can grow with him and his siblings. Thanks, CC
    My son has the diamond . I dont think you can wrong with either . My son also like the diamond for the same reasons .
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

The diamond infinite edge will go from 15-80lbs. Why not just spend the coin 1 time

Quote Originally Posted by baydog View Post
    The diamond infinite edge will go from 15-80lbs. Why not just spend the coin 1 time
    Because the boy won't want to shoot the same bow when he's 40 that he did when he was 7.
    But, I'd say if you can financially do it, get the Diamond. Kids are like adults....they'll get more out of something if they have decent equipment. It will be more fun and he will get more out of it if he has good equipment.

You can say that again. And again.

You'll spend that eating out next month. Buy the bow.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Get the kid the diamond. Come off the hip
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    You can say that again. And again.
    Eye did. Didn't you read it? Bad eye again?

i had tater's tot's youth bow.

I think I gave it to Gbelly?

It was a browning micro midas, as I recall. It really was a good shooting youth bow, FWIW.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.