Thread: Bear at my house in Sandy Run

Default Bear at my house in Sandy Run

I live just below Dak/old Carolina Eastman on Wolfe Lake in Sandy Run. About 2 weeks ago right down the road at an old hunt club of mine called The Swamp, a good friend had a bear walk all around his stand while deer hunting. About 5 nights ago, my Lab mix Brody started raising holy hell at something over the 100 foot cliff I live on overlooking Wolfe Lake. A few mornings ago, 3 of my bird feeders that hang next to the cliff were on the ground. I told my wife I bet a bear did this. I fixed the feeders and got them back up only to find them in worse shape the next morning along with one I had hanging off the deck. While deer hunting yesterday afternoon, a neighbor called and told me a bear was on his deck the night before and that he was a big one. I decided to put a camera up at my bird feeders. Last night I got about 10 photos of a large black bear. The feeder he is standing up to eating out of is 6 feet off the ground and I do not think he is fully erect. He has a huge neck and is in very good shape. I think this is very cool and hope to see him in person tonight.

IMG_0021 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0031 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0032 (Medium).JPG
    I only hunt on days that end in "y"!

He does look big.

That is a mature bear. They love birdseed.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

He showed up again last night around 7:30. The time had already been adjusted for DST on the camera.

IMG_0001 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0002 (Medium).JPG

How can u tell if he's fully erect unless he takes off his bear pants?

Dayum.
    More fuel = more boost!!

You can clearly see the bulge through his fur...
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Time for a coon hunt off the back porch. That’s a 300# bear, and looks healthy

That sob has been eating good. They are starting to show up a lot in the last couple of years.

I surveyed a piece right down from there. It's been like eighteen or nineteen years now, but I remember there was a cool little pond/lake on it, Saylors I think. It had a two coves in the back of it. We were pushing for time so I decided we needed to take a shot over the lake.. to tie out.. my Rodman was acting like a girl and wouldn't swim/wade those back two corners so I did. We would of had normal crew size, but my instrument guy fell off a high bank off this little cut on the river right behind it. Trying not to tear up the gun in a soft pack he went down not too gracefully and landed on his axe. It opened up his leg. I swear I can still see it clearly today, like lapped into it three or four inches, folded it back. I cut my sleeve off and tied his leg up. It took about all we could do to get him out. Our truck was parked across the street from a school on that main paved road. This was in December.

I typed that because I'm proud that I remembered it.

Those bears are like big nasty raccoons. That would eat your face off if they were given a chance. I saw The Revenant.

Saylors Lake is a couple of miles down river from me and is now part of the Devil's Orchard hunt club property. Beautiful area and have hunted there and next door at The Swamp hunt club where I used to be a member and where this bear was sighted by a friend a week or so ago.

Saylors stuck out to me because I remember it being a pretty spot. That and where that gut pops out at the river.

very cool rooster.

got pics of a bear at belle grove, too.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Kevin I have tried for years to get Marion to build a bridge across the river so it would not take me that long to get over for a hunt or meeting. Maybe I need to talk with you about that sometimes. 5 minutes instead of 30 would be nice.

suits me!
    i wanna be able to run over and mess with gordon and dean any chance I get...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Passion