Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PSA on Leica ER5

Quote Originally Posted by rrconductor View Post
    Can't speak to DNZ, I use Talleys but 20# is not right, Salty created a firestorm with his PSA, now I got's to gets me some. Why do you need Loctite?
    They got another shipment due in from Leica in 3 weeks.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Thanks, Salty. A 4-20x50 should be arriving today.

Got my problem ironed out and back to shooting just at 3/4". It was the ammo. First box must have had two different lots in it, as half of it shot great, then other half was all over. Two more boxes and they're shooting 4" groups! Picked up some Federal with 55gr psp's and it's grouping again.

Dirty barrel vs clean?

No. Cleaned bore when I remounted scope. Slow twist rate just couldn't stabilize 60gr bullets. Realized at 50yds they were keyholing slightly. I don't know how it shot the first ten so we'll.
    I've got some Sierra 55gr hpbt loaded up over three different powders, I think this gun could shoot 1/2" even with me doing the shooting.
    BTW, I had a decent Nikon that was on my .270 when it was stolen, but this is the first good scope I've ever had. It's gonna be hard if not impossible to buy anything less in the future.
    Last edited by CurLee; 11-26-2017 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Got my problem ironed out and back to shooting just at 3/4". It was the ammo. First box must have had two different lots in it, as half of it shot great, then other half was all over. Two more boxes and they're shooting 4" groups! Picked up some Federal with 55gr psp's and it's grouping again.
    What brand of ammo? If you have any left, and have a scale that will weigh in grains, or even grams (just use several rounds to improve the accuracy of the average weight), see if they mixed up the bullet weights in the boxes.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Federal Premium with 60gr Nosler partitions. I'm just gonna pull the bullets out of what's left and add to the brass pile.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Federal Premium with 60gr Nosler partitions. I'm just gonna pull the bullets out of what's left and add to the brass pile.
    Sounds like a good plan. I'm amazed at the variation within a box, as no doubt you were too.

Glad you got it worked out.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'