Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would've thought

Default Who would've thought

Something this small could be so painful. First one I've had, and I hope that I never have another one. It hit me Thursday night of last week, and finally made its way out last night.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Most painful thing I’ve ever experienced in my life. Took me almost a week to pass them, and I hope I never have to go through that again.

Mt. Dew drinker, by chance?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Man I’m sorry that shit is horrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post

Nope. The only soft drink I drink is diet Dr Pepper, which I am trying to cut them out. Only make tea on occasion, like average maybe once a week, if that often. Probably haven't had 3 or 4 cups of coffee since last winter.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,

Thomas Jefferson

Best of luck! Never had 'em, never want 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post

I'll bite.

Had me a 2nd shift job long time ago in the warehouse loading the route trucks at the Pepsi Bottling facility in Columbia. Labor Day 2001 rolled around and I was in a dove field and that joker hit me. I wasn't sure what it was but all I knew was it hurt and it scared me. I stumbled across the field in an attempt to get to my truck. I turned the A/C on full blast in an attempt to cool down but nothing helped. Eventually the pain subsided and I went back to hunting then went on to work later that afternoon. While at work I peed the stone out and realized what had happened.

I've had one not since then a could years later. I don't drink Mt Dew anymore.or other soft drinks for that matter, drink 2 cups of coffee every morning, and a ton of water. Keeping fingers crossed I never have another!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 01-21-2018 at 12:00 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Those little bastards will make you hurt. Knock on wood I hadn't had one this year.

I've had seventeen. Once had a 15mm, 10mm, and a 8mm at the same time. I've had them blasted five times, half the times the chunks were still left at that size, normally 3 was good with me. Passing them were about the only time I used to drink beer. I was not into soft drinks, but I drank the shit out of single malts. I don't have them anymore, it's nice.

Lord have mercy I can relate..

My Urologist has mine under control for now. I go on the 13th for a KBU and pray that I haven't made any new stones. They are the devil.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I cast no stones
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Be glad you passed them, I’ve had 2 over 10mm that got hung up mid way. One required surgery twice. Only my left kidney for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    I cast no stones
    Cody!

The first time it hit me was Wednesday night/early Thursday morning of last week (had to think back about it). It weren't no fun at all. I ended up on the couch with a trash can feeling like I was going to puke because it hurt so bad. Didn't really bother me again until Sunday night. The pain wasn't as bad, but lasted longer. Hadn't bothered me since, other than having the urge to pee, but really not being able to. Glad it is over, and hope I never have to deal with that again.

Thomas Jefferson

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Knock on wood and thank the good Lord I have never had one. But I have seen my mom suffering with them over the years. My wife and I had to take her to the ER one day a couple of years ago because she was hurting so bad. Trust me, my mom is not the type to show pain or whine about it, but this time she was about to pass out. We knew what it was because she's had them a good many times. She just wanted us to take her to the doctor, I'm the one who decided to take her to the ER. She was 82 years old at the time and she was in so much pain I was afraid her heart might not be able to deal with the stress. She's never had a heart condition, but at 82 I wasn't going to take any chances. Mom hates taking pain medicine or any medicine for that matter, but she didn't complain when the ER doctor hooked her up with some pain meds. At 82 I guess she's learned there's a time to be principled and a time to need some RELIEF!

They gave her a little screen thing to pee through and she passed the stone in the ER bathroom.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Fuzzy, i just gotta know...... how in the hell did you catch those little things?

and dont let this man fool you, aint many a time ive been around him that a diet Dr. Pepper wasnt atleast within arms reach. lol

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    Fuzzy, i just gotta know...... how in the hell did you catch those little things?

and dont let this man fool you, aint many a time ive been around him that a diet Dr. Pepper wasnt atleast within arms reach. lol
    It was one piece. I saw it come out, and sink to the bottom of the bowl. I grabbed a skewer out the cabinet and wadded some tape around the end of it, and fished it out with that. When I pushed down on it, it broke up.

And there are several diet Dr Peppers in the fridge in my shed. I am trying to cut them out. If they are in the shed, there is less chance I will grab one except when I'm out there.

Thomas Jefferson

My Urologist gave me a strainer to use during urination. Initially . it was important to capture a stone or fragment to diagnose what my stones were, calcium based or other.. when you are doubled over, straining to piss, it takes great effort to remember to hold a strainer in front of your love tackle to catch a rock.

Kidney stones are evil.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Kidney stones are evil.

1ymt1y.jpg

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Nope. The only soft drink I drink is diet Dr Pepper, which I am trying to cut them out. Only make tea on occasion, like average maybe once a week, if that often. Probably haven't had 3 or 4 cups of coffee since last winter.
    I had two of them back in the late 80's. Fortunately I caught one of the stones the second time (in one of those infamous strainers), got it analyzed and found out it was probably the cause of my drinking a liter of 7-Up every day. I stopped drinking virtually all carbonated soft drinks and haven't had a stone since that last one in '86.

Get those stones analyzed if you haven't already. It's the only way to really find out what's causing them.

Good luck!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'