Thread: Leveling Kit for F-150

Default Leveling Kit for F-150

What’s the best leveling kit (price, quality, ease of installation) for a 2017 F-150? I want it level or close to level, don’t want the squat.

Bilstine 5100 series shocks. Do the back too. Ride is way better.

Just did mine. If i had known it would have improved the ride this much I would have done it when i bought it.
    Last edited by mello_collins; 10-31-2017 at 05:01 PM.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Mello - what do you tow with your truck? I want new shocks but also debating on airbag to level out truck when towing the truck center console

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

Bilstein 5100 ride height adjustables are ok. With it being new I doubt you will tell a difference in ride quality with these verses putting a strut space over what you currently have. Trust me I've installed several. Rough Country strut spacers will be fine.

Now if you want the easiest to install and superior ride quality, go with ICON.

http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop/...shock-kit.html
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
    Mello - what do you tow with your truck? I want new shocks but also debating on airbag to level out truck when towing the truck center console

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can put the Bilstein 5100's with the 1 inch adjustable on back. You will have the rake until loaded. I put firestone airbags on mine with heavy duty compressor. I can adjust my height depending on load. Love it when I'm pulling my camper. Compressor has enough ass to mount a air fitting at rear bumper to use for air for tires, blow gun etc.
    More fuel = more boost!!

If you are gonna be pulling some decent loads then the airbags are awesome.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

They are not as good as air bags for sure. But that being said when i hook up my 21 foot bow rider it does not squat as much. The rear shocks just make the whole ride better. Before the rear was gettery over rail roads crossings or hitting bumps in turns like exit ramps. Not now. Justs absorbes the bounce and tracks true in the corners. It is hard to explain. Example. In columbia the exit from I 126 to I 26 east is a long one lane fly over. The surface has deteriorated in several spots and has been patched some. I actually knew wher to drift out or in to avoid the bad spots. The rear of the truck would get “loose” when hitting them. I could feel the rear bounce sideways. It does not do that any more. The front shocks are nice but the biggest change came from the rear shocks.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.