Thread: Minnesota

Default Minnesota

In the works of planning a trip to Minnesota Scott and Dakota county just wondering what all to take. trying to get after some duck and pheasants so those that have been what al did you take types of decoys, layout blinds, boat????? Did you have the best luck hunting the WMA's and river systems or open fields mixture of both. Thanks for any helpful information.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

If the hunting ins minn is so good why do those ignorant lazy fucks always drive to nodak and do nothing but jumpshoot water holes?

I never said it was good have family there and was going to plan a trip to see them and get some hunting done around that area while I was ther. Also I'm sure hunting ther is better than hunting in SC
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    If the hunting ins minn is so good why do those ignorant lazy fucks always drive to nodak and do nothing but jumpshoot water holes?
    easy now....
    I lived in MN for two years (and hunted ND more)

Yes...there are some pheasants south of the Cities. More towards Rochester. Not sure exactly where those counties you mentioned are...other than South. I saw very little field hunting while living there for ducks. More potholes and sloughs...or big open water on Injun reservations. in those cases, it was more redheads and bluebills. Your best bet is to drive and scout and knock on doors. It was VERY easy to gain access for pheasants and ducks but dont dare ask about deer (or hunting anything else during the two weeks of deer season).
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

10-4 Thanks for the info