Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's In?

Quote Originally Posted by Highcotton View Post
    I believe Georgia wins out and plays Bama very close they will be in over a Clemson team that lost to Syracuse. How about this, Georgia beats Bama ( who is their quality win), does Bama stay in top 4 while leaving out Clemson?
    I think Bama drops out before Georgia (if their one loss was to the other).

The committee has, time and again, placed huge emphasis on conference championships.
    Last edited by turbo; 10-31-2017 at 01:28 PM.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Lets don't just assume that Alabama is going to end up the regular season undefeated. They still have to play LSU and Auburn, and both of them will put up a bigger fight than anyone Bama has played yet. Don't forget about all that rat poison those elephants have been eating. They are great, but they are kids and they can always have a bad day.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Last edited by SaltMuck; 10-31-2017 at 01:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I believe Georgia wins out and plays Bama very close they will be in over a Clemson team that lost to Syracuse. How about this, Georgia beats Bama ( who is their quality win), does Bama stay in top 4 while leaving out Clemson?
    The three criteria when comparing teams with the same amount of losses are as follows:
    1. Championships
    2.strentgh of schedule
    3. Head to head
    In that order.

(Only comparing Georgia and clemson) Clemson would have a championship Georgia would not. They would also be fresh off a loss. Georgia would hold strength of schedule but both will be in top 5 or top 10. Head to head is N/A. They have already showed that championships are important and one of the main criteria they will not let in a championship loss team over a team that did with the same amount of losses especially because clemson loss was a month and a half before that. You also have to take into consideration that clemson loss was without Kelly Bryant, (who is now playing) which they also take into consideration.

i dont care who is in now.

can we all agree that it will be easier to pick the 4 teams for the playoffs after the conference championships?

I'll hang up and listen.
    thanks
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Asshole.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

So many ifs. There are way too many factors that need to be considered and it is way too early.

Clemson needs some other 1 lose teams to lose to be comfortable. And the way the UGA and Bama game goes down has alot to do with how that will play out. If it's.blow.put then one won't be in there. But if it's a hell of a game the American people will want to see a rematch.

One thing no one has mentioned is that Clemson and UGA will have two common opponents. Be interesting to see how those scores compare.

Please don't forget about the fish eaters. They are already talking about the one point loss to Georgia. They don't bring up that it was at hom against a team with a true freshman QB with his first start. On the road too.

The Kelly Bryant thing shouldn't come into play. To me that is a stretch, that is football. Like Bo Scarborough going out in the National championship. Colt McCoy going out against Bama. Honestly, Bryant playing hurt against a team that was beaten by Middle Tennessee State is very questionable.

Miami is pretending. ND will pound their ass next week.

Auburn lost Pettiway for a long time and possibly the season
    Last edited by Highcotton; 10-31-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Please don't forget about the fish eaters. They are already talking about the one point loss to Georgia. They don't bring up that it was at hom against a team with a true freshman QB with his first start. On the road too.

The Kelly Bryant thing shouldn't come into play. To me that is a stretch, that is football. Like Bo Scarborough going out in the National championship. Colt McCoy going out against Bama. Honestly, Bryant playing hurt against a team that was beaten by Middle Tennessee State is very questionable.

Miami is pretending. ND will pound their ass next week.

Auburn lost Pettiway for a long time and possibly the season
    The injury comes into play because he was out and now he’s not. Should it or shouldn’t is up for debate but as of right now they can absolutely take that into consideration and do.

At he end of the day a one loss Acc champ does not get left out over a team that just loss there championship. I just don’t see it. They both have one loss one is a champion and one is not. Especially after the committee has stated time and time again that winning your conference is important. One if you were comparing a two loss acc champ to that same sec team, yes.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 10-31-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    So many ifs. There are way too many factors that need to be considered and it is way too early.

Clemson needs some other 1 lose teams to lose to be comfortable. And the way the UGA and Bama game goes down has alot to do with how that will play out. If it's.blow.put then one won't be in there. But if it's a hell of a game the American people will want to see a rematch.

One thing no one has mentioned is that Clemson and UGA will have two common opponents. Be interesting to see how those scores compare.
    You serious? If Clemson has 1 loss at the end of the season, they'll be the defending NC, Conference Champ and will have a blemish on the record where the starting QB was injured. If you think they're not getting in on that you're dumb as fuck. And no way a comittee picks a UGA fresh off a loss or a ND with no conference title. Chaps your asses, I know but that's the way it'll be.

May be for nothing though, Clemson might lose this weekend or maybe Jawja does. In the end, this poll is about as relevant as the ones in early August are.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

If I recall correctly KB played the entire first half against Cuse. I don't buy the KB injury is why they lost that game. Cuse had them from the opening kick.....PERIOD

If I had a dollar for all the threads like this one that will be started between now and when it actually matters
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    If I had a dollar for all the threads like this one that will be started between now and when it actually matters
    Funny BUT TRUE

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    If you don’t want to argue and discuss, don’t click on the threads. It’s really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWOODROW View Post
    If I recall correctly KB played the entire first half against Cuse. I don't buy the KB injury is why they lost that game. Cuse had them from the opening kick.....PERIOD
    So, you contend that KB being hobbled in the first half and not playing in the second half had no bearing on a 3 Point game?
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Tell PennSt and OhioST that the committee gives a damn about conference champions.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Tell PennSt and OhioST that the committee gives a damn about conference champions.
    It’s a factor, but one of many factors. Most people agreed that OSU was the better team at the end of last season and they were favored over clemson. Everyone jumped on the PSU bandwagon after 31-0.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

I agree that Clemson gets in if they win out. I was simply pointing out that those, not as rational or knowledgeable Clemson fans, will be all up in a tizzy tonight on social media about it. When the reality is there is still plenty of football to be played and these ranking don't mean a thing this week.

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    I agree that Clemson gets in if they win out. I was simply pointing out that those, not as rational or knowledgeable Clemson fans, will be all up in a tizzy tonight on social media about it. When the reality is there is still plenty of football to be played and these ranking don't mean a thing this week.
    The significance they they have is it gives you a look at how the committee views the teams right now. That could be important down the road.

Regardless, lots of fans, Clemson and other, will be in a tizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    You serious? If Clemson has 1 loss at the end of the season, they'll be the defending NC, Conference Champ and will have a blemish on the record where the starting QB was injured. If you think they're not getting in on that you're dumb as fuck. And no way a comittee picks a UGA fresh off a loss or a ND with no conference title. Chaps your asses, I know but that's the way it'll be.

May be for nothing though, Clemson might lose this weekend or maybe Jawja does. In the end, this poll is about as relevant as the ones in early August are.
    Yes he is serious. The only Clemson does not go to the playoff is another loss or more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk