Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for some help

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelyeller View Post
    Be interesting to see if ND can run the ball on a great D . Who has one ?
    UGA does and ND had 50ish rushing yards against them.

Sure is an awful lot of orange coolaide here. There are several very good one loss teams in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    And no one is going to complain about a Bama/Clemson III game were it to happen.
    I hate to tell you , but Clemson isn't one of those big name teams YET (despite recent success) compared to others. Alabama or UGA vs OSU, Penn St, Southern Cal, Miami, ND ...are more interesting to vast majority. But I like your "youthful" enthusiasm, it inspires me.
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 10-30-2017 at 08:01 PM.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    I hate to tell you , but Clemson isn't one of those big name teams YET (despite recent success) compared to others. Alabama or UGA vs OSU, Penn St, Southern Cal, Miami, ND ...are more interesting to vast majority. But I like your "youthful" enthusiasm, it inspires me.
    There is no question about this. Clemson is a good team that has a good program on solid footing. For Clemson to act like they are a blue blood is not correct.

Clemson has been one of the two best teams in the country for the last two years. They look like one of the top 8 or so this year.

I hate to see the entitlement from fellow Clemson fans right now. One day Clemson will go 7-5. It won’t be this year, and it probably won’t be next, but it will happen. Enjoy the ride while you’re one it and soak up every minute of it.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by lowbudget View Post
    Read an article a while back where this can been seen as a killer to recruiting to other SEC schools. How do you recruit a kid in Bama's division and say "best we can hope for is a loss to Bama and 2nd place in the division" or in the other division "best we can hope for is to see Bama in ATL and probably loose". Do other SEC teams see this happening with the Recruits?
    That argument has been around since the SEC went to the championship game format. That the SEC would beat each other up and never win a championship. We know how that played out.

And frankly if a recruit has that attitude then I don't want him. If the SEC is too tough go somewhere else. Luckily this isn't even happening on the Ga roster. Stacked with backs and we have the #1 and #3 rb recruits in the nation. 3 5 star qb recruits in 3 years. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best.

Rebell yeller needs to learn I before E. just sayin
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    That argument has been around since the SEC went to the championship game format. That the SEC would beat each other up and never win a championship. We know how that played out.

And frankly if a recruit has that attitude then I don't want him. If the SEC is too tough go somewhere else. Luckily this isn't even happening on the Ga roster. Stacked with backs and we have the #1 and #3 rb recruits in the nation. 3 5 star qb recruits in 3 years. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best.
    The two best teams this year may be in the SEC, but after that, flaming hot garbage. SC has yet to beat an Sec team that has another sec win. That takes some serious doing
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    The two best teams this year may be in the SEC, but after that, flaming hot garbage. SC has yet to beat an Sec team that has another sec win. That takes some serious doing
    umm... Arkansas beat Ole Miss this week.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

umm... Arkansas beat Ole Miss this week.
    That’s true. I was mistaken

The last two NC games have been about as good as you can ask for was my point. OSU and PSU will prove to be the same old Big10 pretenders in the end. SoCal and the rest of the PAC12 play the finesse game these days and hardly warrant consideration. Miami is doing a lot better and maybe Richt gets them back to being something but they'll lose to VT this weekend. ND is playing well now but, when is the implosion coming? Jawja is a solid team this year but I still think Auburn beats them then Bama stomps them in the SECCG. Jawja next year will be a damn hard out for everyone and a serious playoff favorite.

This year there are a lot of paths to the playoffs. It's clear as mud right now but, if you think a 1 loss ACC Champ Clemson isn't in the playoffs you're crazy. However, I've said it quite a few times, if Clemson's in a game that comes down to a FG, they're screwed. And quite frankly, this could be the week.

And if the Tigers win out to the Sakkerliner game, Sakkerliner would be Dabo's 100th victory. You chicken boys ain't winning that one.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

There is no question about this. Clemson is a good team that has a good program on solid footing. For Clemson to act like they are a blue blood is not correct.

Clemson has been one of the two best teams in the country for the last two years. They look like one of the top 8 or so this year.

I hate to see the entitlement from fellow Clemson fans right now. One day Clemson will go 7-5. It won’t be this year, and it probably won’t be next, but it will happen. Enjoy the ride while you’re one it and soak up every minute of it.
    Agree!! To even compete with those programs is awesome !!! Damn people...keep it real !
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Rebell yeller needs to learn I before E. just sayin
    Great input ! Par for the course .
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

As a Tiger fan I completely agree. However problem with any system with human judgement in it is just as you described as "blue bloods" , when the NAME of a school or history of a school helps them that is the first mistake

Also who are we kidding, TV revenue and possible ratings I am sure influence the picks

WHO is in the playoffs should be based on current year and NOTHING else, past years or school history should have zero bearing on the outcome

Never happen though , Bama won it all one year by not even playing in the SEC Championship game

With that said at least we have a 4 team playoff now days and it is better than what we had before this
    Last edited by tprice; 10-31-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Y’all are discussing the ap and the coaches and are complaining. I can’t wait till the playoff committee has clemson at 4 tomorrow night. The committee has said numorous times quality wins out weigh bad losses. It’s about who you beat not who you lost to. Losses do count that’s not what I’m saying they just are not the biggest part. (When comparing teams with the same number of losses) Clemson had three top 15 wins in September. That’s what they will see not where those teams are ranked now. When you look at the books they say clemson beat # x at the time not what they are now.

The tie breaking criteria that they use for teams with the same record are as follow:
    1. Championships
    2. strength of schedule (more than just the ranking of strength of schedule. It’s about who have you beaten)
    3. Head to head

Penn state just lost yesterday to a team that it will be directly compared to. Therefore Ohio state is ranked above Penn.

My prediction is
    1. GEORGIA
    2. ALABAMA
    3. NOTRE DAME
    4. CLEMSON
    5. OHIO STATE
    6. PENN
    7. OKLAHOMA
    Sorry. Of all the one loss teams in the mix, Clemson SOS was the easiest, at 41st.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college...ength-by-other =4th

I assume you are looking at espn and looking at the rem schedule. That is the ranking of the remaining schedule to be played not the schedule all together but nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by Rem11-87 View Post
    What if it is the other way around? Does Bama get in with one loss to UGA in Championship?
    It won't be the other way around.
    :FYT: