Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: “He was right there...”

Did all the above quietly and without flashlight, and just as I climb into my stand, dood tromps down through the woods with headlamp on and stand clanking 20 minutes before first light. Didn’t seem to care that I was already there. Had a shooter 10 at 65 yards, but he wouldn’t leave the Doe he was trailing. Got a tongue out pic of a deer that looks an awful lot like the one on my camera...looks bigger and older, but identical characteristics...hopefully same genetics and different buck.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

That deer from your original post is young and WILL be a twelve.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    That deer from your original post is young and WILL be a twelve.

Good luck.
    Not if he walks within 40 of me and gives me a good look. I hope you are right, but I’ve seen a lot of TC pics of deer that looked much bigger/older dead. I’ll post a couple to show what I mean when I get a chance. I’ll post the dead 8 and let y’all decide. Everyone says it’s a different deer based on age alone, but I can find a pile of just alikes and not any differences other than the dead deer looks bigger/heavier/older. I probably won’t hunt him again anyway, as I am back where I had the just-as-big-maybe-bigger 10 at 65 yards and passed a decent 8. Lots of doe bumping in here Saturday, but it’s about to get right with four straight days with NE winds less than 10mph, pressures above 30.2, clear skies, and temps dropping into the lower 20s and not getting above 36 on Friday. Everything is perfect for this rut to break wide freaking open...I just have to be here and not at work when it does. Hope y’all get some of this hunting weather back home.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 11-07-2017 at 02:20 PM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!