Thread: Electronic ear plugs

Default Electronic ear plugs

Looking for a good quality ear plug to hunt with. Seems to be a few different brands out there and the reviews are hit or miss for every one of them. What are you guys using?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Expect sticker shock.

At some of the big sporting clays tournaments there are regular vendors that follow the circuit around and have a good reputation to protect. I'd consider checking them out. Seems like there is one that everyone know that goes by "Grandma". Gander might know.

Some are custom fit. I had to go to a local audiologist (Jackson Davenport) and get molds of my ears made to send to the company that makes them. Mine are Magnum Ear. I've had them probably five years now. I love them.

Yeah no kidding with the sticker shock.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Granny ******* is who you need to talk to. She is an ESP dealer and can give you all the info you need about electronic ear plugs. Her number is (704) 798-5149

I use the silynx and have loved them. For rifle ranges I still use no custom molded non electronic. But for duck hunting, dove hunting, and clays shooting I have been impressed with them. In fact my wife has claimed them if we hunt together because she likes them so much. At 250 dollars I think it is a good buy

https://www.silynxcom.com/products/

Been using a set of wildear this year and am very happy with them. Hearing enhancement and noise canceling have enough adjustments to tune them for what works best for you. Get what you pay for.
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Been using a set of wildear this year and am very happy with them. Hearing enhancement and noise canceling have enough adjustments to tune them for what works best for you. Get what you pay for.
    Are you using their Master or tactical series?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Master
    80-20 Genaration

someone school me. i saw these but didn't do research. So they magnify some sounds (deer moving, etc) and provide hearing protection at the same time, not going over a certain dB for gunshots?

Speaking of sticker shock, i imagine they can get expensive. I used to work with a musician. He paid $1200 for custom earbuds. Insane.
    Last edited by everlast; 12-01-2017 at 09:09 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Most electronic ears will enhance sound with a volume control. And sound above a certain decibel is suppressed. Many supresss at about 85 decibels.

There are analog and digital. Analog can make things sound like a tin can. Digitals are much better sound quality but can run around $2500 a set. Analog are about half that.

I used the walker ear buds on a recent wing shooting trip. I was impressed with the performance in the field. I am sure there are better one on the market such as the digital ones suggested above; but, I thought these were a good purchase for the price.

https://www.amazon.com/Walkers-Razor...lker+game+ears

I'm pretty much deaf in my left ear so when I deer and turkey hunt I wear a Walkers Game Ear digital HD that I bought about 10 years ago in my right ear(lots of white noise when in my left ear). I hate hunting without it anymore because I have to rely on seeing animals. I only have two issues with mine.
    1: it's really hard to tell what direction a sound is coming from.
    2: one of my bow stands is about 200 yards from the interstate and certain car tires I'm almost certain are gonna damage my hearing in my right ear.

I should also mention that my left ear has been ringing nonstop for 2 years and 10 months.

HUH? What did you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowman View Post
    I'm pretty much deaf in my left ear so when I deer and turkey hunt I wear a Walkers Game Ear digital HD that I bought about 10 years ago in my right ear(lots of white noise when in my left ear). I hate hunting without it anymore because I have to rely on seeing animals. I only have two issues with mine.
    1: it's really hard to tell what direction a sound is coming from.
    2: one of my bow stands is about 200 yards from the interstate and certain car tires I'm almost certain are gonna damage my hearing in my right ear.
    I agree with Arrowman. The one drawback to the Game Ears is that it is tough to tell which direction the sounds is coming from. This issue is not a problem in a dove field, sporting clays course, or duck blind for the most part.