Thread: Butch Jones

Default Butch Jones

Just threw up in his mouth a little.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

3 more yards
    Bah! Humbug!

That probably was final nail in his coffin and looks like UF folks not happy either

The musical coaches game is fixing to begin, as soon as UT or UF pull the trigger it is on

FSU folks are not happy BUT Jimbo played them like a grand piano and has a $40 million buyout
    Last edited by tprice; 10-29-2017 at 10:41 AM.

I talked to a contact very familiar with the situation at TN earlier this week. Jones won’t make it through the season, but they have not zeroed in on the person that they want to replace him.

The Iowa State Coach is gonna get paid somewhere, and you gotta think Kiffin gets another shot
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Ol Butch must keep adding on rooms to his coffin because you out of the loop, ignorant fools have been declaring "final nail" for over a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I talked to a contact very familiar with the situation at TN earlier this week. Jones won’t make it through the season, but they have not zeroed in on the person that they want to replace him.

The Iowa State Coach is gonna get paid somewhere, and you gotta think Kiffin gets another shot

Not sure Kiffin is welcome back after burning that bridge and too much baggage

Les Miles is out there and somebody will hire him, also hearing a lot of scuttlebutt about Frost at Un of Central FL

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Ol Butch must keep adding on rooms to his coffin because you out of the loop, ignorant fools have been declaring "final nail" for over a month now.
    I never said it was the final nail. I said that a person that will be in the room when decisions are made said he won’t make it through the season. I also know that the buyout drops significantly on Jan 1, so there is that. At this point, I think they are weighing the cost vs the public perception.

Kiffin won’t get a shot at TN, but he will somewhere (maybe the Beavers) but the team that hires him will be better off
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Some people use a lot more nails than they need to.

UT better get hopping or UF is going to beat them to the next star coach.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Florida just fired him

If they wait until Jan 1, they will all but throw away this year's class.

I don't understand how McElwain and Jones ended up with such huge buyouts. It's not like there were a line of suitors for either of them.

Jones must have nekkid pictures of the AD and a donkey.

I would take Kiffin back in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently his contract ends at the end of the season. If he is fired after the end of their season they are not subject to pay him the $8 million but out. I don’t see them pulling the plug until after they play vandy.