Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Horry County Bear

Outstanding. I am green with jealousy. I just want one too, on home turf.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Hard to tell how big he was but there was one dead on the side of 701 earlier this week. 2 or so miles before you cross the big peedee coming from Georgetown. Second bear I've seen on my morning commute in that spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntin Ace View Post
    You are exactly right sc sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by sc sportsman View Post
    Hard to tell how big he was but there was one dead on the side of 701 earlier this week. 2 or so miles before you cross the big peedee coming from Georgetown. Second bear I've seen on my morning commute in that spot.
    I saw what I thought was one in that exact spot two years ago. Whipped it around to check it out, and it was a big black boar hog about half the size of a volkswagon.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Awesome!

Very Cool!

Strong as bear piss right there!
    Now.....What is the processing procedure of a bear at this point?
    Rug, full body mount, jerky, sausage.....?
    Tell me about the flavor and texture of bear meat, I'm curious?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

My boys both got tags. Had the resident club bear on the feeder this AM. Can't shoot it with bait out though. Plus this one is just a sprout, he's got tome growing to do. Cool critters.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Strong as bear piss right there!
    Now.....What is the processing procedure of a bear at this point?
    Rug, full body mount, jerky, sausage.....?
    Tell me about the flavor and texture of bear meat, I'm curious?
    I'm having a rug done and a skull mount. His hide was in really good shape. I'm having him processed. Roasts, cubed steak ,and stew. The guy processing him has done several before. I've eaten it before, my TN relatives bear hunt, and a bear roast was a favorite.

Very cool...
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    My boys both got tags. Had the resident club bear on the feeder this AM. Can't shoot it with bait out though. Plus this one is just a sprout, he's got tome growing to do. Cool critters.
    I had a sow with cubs on my lease last year. Ive seen the 2 year olds traveling together this year. My property borders a WMA and the portion I shot the bear on has been inaccessible due to high water and storm damage for the last several years. I finally was able to get into where I thought this bear was living and found a lot of sign in there. Got a cool morning and climbed a tree and got lucky.