Thread: Just Another Hunter Sharing The Woods

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Just Another Hunter Sharing The Woods

Got him a nice fat fox squirrel too.

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

look at the teets on that squirrel! some babies are going hungry now! Pretty good rubbing area too, apparently

i dont think thats a fox squirrel
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

That rub is really high if so

Looks like the squirrels they have in Arkansas. Not sure what kind that is though.

Looks like a western red.

Looks just like the ones around the timber blind at Reelfoot. Big ass red tree rats.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

The size and the tail gives it away. Fox squirrels are the largest tree squirrel in North America. The red squirrel is the smaller than the gray squirrel.

I've seen the big red phase fox squirrels in Mississippi also. I thought they were fox squirrels but I wasn't sure. When I asked a farmer what kind of squirrel they were he said "fox squirrels". When I was a kid my dad and I used to kill fox squirrels fairly regularly at Powdered Springs in Bradley. We killed a lot of them over the years in a variety of colors but they are always bigger than any other squirrels and they always have that "fox tail". The red squirrel is smaller than a fox or gray squirrel. They are more aggressive than the others and they eat more meat than other squirrels. There is no such thing as the "western red squirrel" just red squirrel. There is a "Western Gray Squirrel". There is also a Douglas' squirrel (Tamiasciurus douglasii).

The fox squirrel (Sciurus niger), also known as the eastern fox squirrel or Bryant's fox squirrel, is the largest species of tree squirrel native to North America. Despite the differences in size and coloration, they are sometimes mistaken for American red squirrels or eastern gray squirrels in areas where the species co-exist.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 10-25-2017 at 06:52 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."