Bible Study Verses
Psalm 119:36-37
Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word. (NIV)

Thoughts
The sun wasn't even peeking over the horizon. The ducks were flying against an orange sky in what seemed to me a mad fashion this way and that. The caller sang a synchronization of quacks, cackles, and whistles gaining the birds' attention. The ducks were answering back with their own version of the song.

Suddenly a pair of ducks looked down at the water and saw the decoy spread. The vision was like a sky diver opening his parachute as the ducks simultaneously cupped their wings and committed to the final approach. They glided into the decoys like they were meeting old buddies, but were faced with a dire situation that left them as part of a hunter's bag limit.
(Dennis W)

Action Point
Too many times our lives are flying around in a mad fashion with really no purpose. This is when Satan thros out his decoys and calls to us. He knows that when we are not focused on abiding in Christ that our human nature can be distracted. We look at Satan's decoy and say, "Oooh, shiny!", pop our chute, and glide into destruction.

I John 2:16-17 reflects, "For all that is in the world- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever, " (NKJV).

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Being new to the sport of duck hunting, I have learned there is a right way. a wrong way, and then your host's way. Always follow your host's rules in the blind when it comes to shooting lanes, when to call and calling the shot on birds. Your host will more than likely invite you back if you follow his rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk