Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penn State

Default Penn State

Looks like the real deal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

They're good but Michigan is highly over-rated.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I don't think Penn St looks that good.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

And ND is beating the shit out of a PAC12 team.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

And Miami beat Syracuse.

Last night was the first time I have watched much of Penn State. Michigan was overrated because their offense is so bad. Their defense is full of NFL guys.

There is a lot to like about Penn State. They have a RB that may be the best player in the country and is a rare blend of size, HR ability and leads them in receiving. We knew that. What we learned last night is that their QB can legitimately beat you with his arm and legs. They throw a lot of 50/50 balls into man coverage and make DB’s make plays. They force a lot of PI calls.

They also have a defense that could potentially make Alabama throw the ball. To win it all this year, (beat Bama), you have to be able to limit the run for 4 quarters. If they can get First downs and wear you down, they are the deepest team in the country, and their depth takes over. Penn State looks like they have a chance.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Last night was the first time I have watched much of Penn State. Michigan was overrated because their offense is so bad. Their defense is full of NFL guys.

There is a lot to like about Penn State. They have a RB that may be the best player in the country and is a rare blend of size, HR ability and leads them in receiving. We knew that. What we learned last night is that their QB can legitimately beat you with his arm and legs. They throw a lot of 50/50 balls into man coverage and make DB’s make plays. They force a lot of PI calls.

They also have a defense that could potentially make Alabama throw the ball. To win it all this year, (beat Bama), you have to be able to limit the run for 4 quarters. If they can get First downs and wear you down, they are the deepest team in the country, and their depth takes over. Penn State looks like they have a chance.
    Watched PSU a few times this year, Bama would beat the shit out of them. It is legitimately Bama and then everybody else this year.

I didn't get to watch the PSU/Mich game, but I did see a good bit of the Alabama game yesterday. Their RB depth is tremendous. Also, one of the commentators made a good point about them allowing Hurts to throw the ball across the middle of the field this year. He is starting to become a better passer, which is scary with all the talent around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Watched PSU a few times this year, Bama would beat the shit out of them. It is legitimately Bama and then everybody else this year.
    Football isn’t played on paper or in a vacuum. Clemson also would beat the shot out of Syracuse, right? If Bama plays well in every game, they won’t lose. However, there are teams hat can beat them if they play their B game.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Football isn’t played on paper or in a vacuum. Clemson also would beat the shot out of Syracuse, right? If Bama plays well in every game, they won’t lose. However, there are teams hat can beat them if they play their B game.
    Alabama Crimson Tide will be the NC this year and it won't even be close. Truly, everyone is playing for second.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Alabama Crimson Tide will be the NC this year and it won't even be close. Truly, everyone is playing for second.
    I think there are multiple teams capable of beating them. 3 of those teams are on their remaining schedule. (assuming UGA in SECCG). There are also a handful of other teams that they could face in the playoffs that are capable of beating them.

James Franklin is a top 5 coach. Harbaugh is a bust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there are multiple teams capable of beating them. 3 of those teams are on their remaining schedule. (assuming UGA in SECCG). There are also a handful of other teams that they could face in the playoffs that are capable of beating them.
    Auburn and Jawja in the SECCG are the only two that have a shot. Stidham isn't mobile enough and AU's line will be manhandled by Bama's front 4. Jawja will give them a good game but in the end won't have the horses to win yet. Plus Kirby was a protege but don't think Saban won't have something up his sleeve. So, the Tide will be matched against the #4 team from the Big10 or 12 and beat the hell out of them. That'll leave the Clemson/Miami ACC champ vs either the other team from the BIG10/12 in its winner to take them on. Clemson doesn't have the depth and most importantly the kicking game to play with Bama and Miami won't make it to that point.

Everyone thinking Clemson has a shot needs to get a reality check. No PK means no shot and probably another loss or two.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post

Franklin has done a helluva job so far.

Harbaugh will be gone in 3 years.

I've been singing their praises all year. Franklin has them focused. He did good at Vandy. He has the tools to work with now.

I have heard multiple writers who have covered and know Franklin well absolutely rave about him as a coach and as a leader of a program.

I can’t say Harbaugh is a bust. He took over a pretty poor program, and has made them relevant. They were in a New Years 6 bowl last year and nearly won.

I have heard multiple writers who have covered and know Franklin well absolutely rave about him as a coach and as a leader of a program.

I can’t say Harbaugh is a bust. He took over a pretty poor program, and has made them relevant. They were in a New Years 6 bowl last year and nearly won.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/s...baugh-edition/

I agree with a lot in that article, but I still won’t label Harbaugh a bust yet. He has revived the Michigan brand from a perception standpoint and has their name in the hat for some of the biggest national recruit every year. To compare him to Brady Hole is unfair, in that Hoke didn’t have to deal with Urban Myer or James Franklin.

The other contention that Franklin would win multiple national championships at TN is just wrong. TN has a ton of positive history, but that state does not produce enough recruits to run a consistent top 10 program. When TN was very good, they were raiding the Carolinas at a time when Clemson was struggling through coaches. UGA and Clemson now own NC and SC in recruiting, so I don’t see Franklin being a magic pill to change that. What TN needs is an 8-9 game winner with an occasional 10-11 win team. Their presence as a national brand is not what it was at the moment, and they missed a window when UGA and UF were stepping on their own dicks.

Chances are, Saban won’t be at Bama in 8 years. If I’m TN I try my best to make the right hire and build this program to take advantage if Bama falls off after Saban.

Trkylir, have you seen Tennessee's budget? Boosters are pissed and supposedly opening up checkbooks. Tennessee has administration willing to "bend" some rules. Perfect storm to recruit. I agree that the atmosphere and surrounding schools have changed. James Franklin is who I would throw money at. Look at what he did at Vandy and what he is doing with Penn St. What has Penn St.'s last 4 or 5 recruiting classes ranked?
    Justin Fields was committed to James Franklin and Penn St. before he blew up on the 7 on 7 circuit this summer. The guy can spot talent and win with less. Put a huge recruiting budget with him and watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by Highcotton View Post
    Trkylir, have you seen Tennessee's budget? Boosters are pissed and supposedly opening up checkbooks. Tennessee has administration willing to "bend" some rules. Perfect storm to recruit. I agree that the atmosphere and surrounding schools have changed. James Franklin is who I would throw money at. Look at what he did at Vandy and what he is doing with Penn St. What has Penn St.'s last 4 or 5 recruiting classes ranked?
    Justin Fields was committed to James Franklin and Penn St. before he blew up on the 7 on 7 circuit this summer. The guy can spot talent and win with less. Put a huge recruiting budget with him and watch out.
    I have seen TN's budget and I have also seen their last two hires. I have very close knowledge of the day that they hired Derrick Dooley and the number of people that turned the job down that day, and in the days prior. Why would some of these mid level names turn down such a golden opportunity with boosters and budget? Because it isn't as good of a job as TN people like to think.

James Franklin aint leaving Penn State for TN. I hate to break that to you. At best, TN should go after Fuente. VT is a good job, but I would think TN could make a push there. Mike Leach could work well at TN.