Thread: Utv bed winch?

Default Utv bed winch?

Any ideas that don’t cost $500? I am getting to old to sling them up in the bed. I am not interested in a manual winch that slides in the trailer hitch either.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I'm assuming this will be used for deer and hogs.
    A friend of mine built his dad a small wooden ramp that stays in the truck bed and his dad uses that to pull deer up on.
    As far as a winch goes what about one of the harbor freight 2500lb winches? I have had one on my four wheeler for 4yrs now and it still works fine. Between the winch mounted in bed and a ramp I'm sure you could pull whatever you needed to up there.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

When I hunted in Africa they would have rollers mounted to the top of a roll bar/ light bar and just used the front winch. They would just run the cable over the top of the truck and attach to animal. Worked great. Might be an idea

Granted, this requires you to have a drill with you... but we all got them at work for various uses. I'm assuming you could tether it on the roll cage.

https://www.amazon.com/910500-Drill-.../dp/B00SF70SN4

Quote Originally Posted by fairview View Post
    When I hunted in Africa they would have rollers mounted to the top of a roll bar/ light bar and just used the front winch. They would just run the cable over the top of the truck and attach to animal. Worked great. Might be an idea
    ^^This^^

Hunted with a guy in Alabama that uses this same setup. Worked great.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Quote Originally Posted by fairview View Post
    That sounds like it would work well.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

^^^ I like that idea

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    ^^^ I like that idea
    I dont think cardboard would be strong enough for that application. Better get some tougher cardboard.
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 10-25-2017 at 06:26 PM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

i went to the rope style winch on the front and i just pull it over the top and winch it in the bed works great. i have mounted them to the roof before and that works fine and i have bought the bowed up system that mounts to the front of the bed. you dont need to spend the money on any of that just throw it over the roof, tilt the bed winch it up.

Harbour freight atv winch mounted up high on the roll bar
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.