Thread: SC Quality

Default SC Quality

Has the quality of bucks being killed ever been better or is it just we see them on social media so much? Not going to lie, 125s are becoming kind of blase to me seeing them on Facebook. Do I need to start a 140 or better page?

I am not on facepage, but I certainly am not seeing anything better than the average 115 class buck on this site. There might be the occasional 120s, but they are few and far between. I have seen one really good buck posted this season. Not meant to be a dig, as I sure haven’t killed anything worth posting (or at all), but that seems to still be the average decent buck killed in SC. Not sure where you’re seeing these 140s, but it ain’t here.
    Carolina Counsel

I don't know but its fun watching this place go to shit. Yall stare at the same post for weeks.

I have seen photos from folks I know, of two nice 10s and a 16 killed this week within an hr of Columbia.
    I think folks have always killed deer this size, it's just social media allows the pics to spread.
    When I was a kid, there were no cell phones or www but we'd hear thru the grapevine about a
    "monster" killed in the next county over or such. Also trail cams have been a game changer too

I've seen one deer on here that may near 140 and that was rubberheads.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I had a buddy that killed 2 bucks in one sit that went 130 and 150 this week.... I'm of the opinion that quality is going up.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

My buddy killed this one the next stand over during the hurricane weekend at our dog club in Ridgeville
    IMG_2944.JPG

Bases were 8 inches
    IMG_2945.JPG
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

I think ECU84 is correct on that assumption.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Decent bucks have always been killed in sc. Social Media has just spread the word.

Think about it, when someone killed a good buck in 200O the only people that new about it was their immediate friends.
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by M2Field View Post
    I don't know but its fun watching this place go to shit. Yall stare at the same post for weeks.
    Thought you weren't coming back till turkey season? Just can't stand it huh? Musta been on those biller-lites at 0130 and it got the best of ya....
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Thought you weren't coming back till turkey season? Just can't stand it huh? Musta been on those biller-lites at 0130 and it got the best of ya....
    He said he was never coming back. That was several post, and no telling how many logins ago.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by DJA View Post
    I had a buddy that killed 2 bucks in one sit that went 130 and 150 this week.... I'm of the opinion that quality is going up.
    I saw a picture of those deer. That 10 point with the dark horns is unbelievable!

I read somewhere that DNR expected this to be a strong year in terms of buck harvests because the storms the past two year happened during or around the rut and kept a lot of hunters out on f the woods. Between hurricane Matthew and the 1000 year flood, there should be a good amount of 4yo+ bucks that weren't shooters three years ago and are big boys now. Didn't DNR shut down the season for a few weeks for each of these storms? Between that and hunters being preoccupied or having to rehab their land it makes sense to me that 2017 would be a hell of season, at least in the low country.

Quote Originally Posted by tdon View Post
    I read somewhere that DNR expected this to be a strong year in terms of buck harvests because the storms the past two year happened during or around the rut and kept a lot of hunters out on f the woods. Between hurricane Matthew and the 1000 year flood, there should be a good amount of 4yo+ bucks that weren't shooters three years ago and are big boys now. Didn't DNR shut down the season for a few weeks for each of these storms? Between that and hunters being preoccupied or having to rehab their land it makes sense to me that 2017 would be a hell of season, at least in the low country.
    This

I can remember in early 90s and have seen pictures of mid to late 80s.....my dog hunting club would kill 10 to 15 bucks a saturday.....2 or 3 would be around 125.....early 2000 was when the still hunters started to creep in and now its 2 or 3 nice bucks a year
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

Quote Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
    I saw a picture of those deer. That 10 point with the dark horns is unbelievable!
    Yeah man... happy for him, he hunts hard as hell. He grew up in Ohio and that's his biggest by far. That speaks to the fact that we have quality deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Deer horns are cool!

I am gonna lean towards better management and letting the younger deer pass more often.
    Genesis 9;2

First year of deer tags and successful already lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.