Thread: Hearing aids

Default Hearing aids

I finally had to get some. I could hear everything, just not clearly. Now I can hear everything I wish I couldn't.

Loss of hearing was probably and most likely due to a few shooting events when I did not expect a shot to be fired and those few were to damn close to my noggin. I wear hearing protection most times otherwise.

Anyway, I can now here wood floors at my house creak and moan under my fat ass. I thought I was being quiet walking to the blind. Some of those damn SC mosquitos sound like an F16 is coming in. And the damn mockingbirds sound like they are at war with each other setting up territories for next spring.

But now I can't tell my spouse I didn't hear her. I can leave these things at the office and then I don't have to listen to parts on the 95 Dodge grinding. KRT can tell you I hear things now. Some may not be there.

And the boom boxes in the back of cars in downtown Columbia. Damn. Those folks have got to be deaf already.

Sitting on the front porch in the evening is no longer near as peaceful as it once was.

It is amazing what I could not hear. The tone my mom's Mercedes makes when you lock the doors. The timer on the high dollar Thermador oven. Car turn signals. But, like I said, the crap I can hear again. So much for peaceful drives.
    Last edited by rp; 10-18-2017 at 03:13 PM.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I have some electronic ear plugs I use when shooting. They're pretty much just hearing aids that aren't vented so not only do you hear everything on the outside much better, you also hear all the noises inside your head like swallowing and breathing. On the outside, you can hear the wind, trains and traffic from miles away, conversations from the other side of a dove field. At the end of a shoot, the relief you get from taking them out is much like that feeling you get when you take off rubber boots at the end of the day.

Are there hearing aids that double as hearing protection? My hearing is not that great and I can't hear dear or hogs walking, so if I don't see them coming, they will sneak right up on me. I don't need hearing aids for everyday situations yet but I would love some for hunting.
    Last edited by sftull; 10-18-2017 at 03:34 PM.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by sftull View Post
    Are there hearing aids that double as hearing protection? My hearing is not that great and I can't hear dear or hogs walking, so if I don't see them coming, they will sneak right up on me. I don't need hearing aids for everyday situations yet but I would love some for hunting.
    One of many that is out there.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/hunti...6.uts?slotId=0
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    For that price, I'd just get some $50 electronic muffs.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    For that price, I'd just get some $50 electronic muffs.

That is just the first one that came up. I'm sure there are less expensive ones out there.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    That is just the first one that came up. I'm sure there are less expensive ones out there.
    Gotcha. I thought you were recommending the expensive in-ear models. I can see benefits to both. Colt and I both love our Walker Slim models.

Shoot, those aren’t expensive!

These are expensive:
    https://www.etymotic.com/consumer/he...ion/gsp15.html

When I win the powerball I’m getting a pair.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

I don't miss the $1000 I paid for mine. Should bought them years earlier. I think mine are Magnum Ear.

Muffs are hot, clumsy and affect the way I mount my gun.

Patton, just cut them jokers off when you want to enjoy the peace of silence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Walkers game ear are supposed to be making some new in the ear protection that has bluetooth
    Last edited by HEAD; 10-18-2017 at 09:40 PM.
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

Got mine from EAR, love them