Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metal detectors....what’s the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    in 2003 my buddy and I lost our citadel rings on Folly Beach. I went back the next day and actually found mine but we never found his. Last year I ran into a lady that was metal detecting around the bleachers at Parks Field in Summerville and struck up a conversation with her asking what was the coolest thing she'd ever found. She respond that she had recently found a Citadel ring on Folly Beach and the school had helped her track down the owner (initials and last name in ring)...she couldn't remember for the life of her what his name was but said he was class of 03 and he lived in Beaufort. I smiled and rattled off his name and she was astonished. I proceeded to tell her the story about how we lost our rings together 13 years ago and even with a metal detector back then, we were not able to find his ring. Pretty cool.
    That's amazing.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I've had a Bounty Hunter for 2 years and I have yet to put the batteries in and fire it up. I figure I can metal detect when I'm too old to do anything else I like to do.

But...Go to this site. It's a forum for all type of "treasure hunters", underwater, land based, etc. This link is to the different brands of metal detectors. If you scroll down you see brand comparisons: Metal Detector Brands

Keep in mind that some detectors work better in different situations. Before you buy an expensive one decide where you think you will use it the most. If you want to use it underwater (completely submerged) you'll need to buy one that's made for it. I figured some day I will probably use mine on beaches in the off season. I can get the coil and shaft wet but not the main unit. I'll have to use certain setting (they come with instructions) if I want to use it in the surf. Salt water has a lot of minerals that can throw off the signal if it isn't set to the correct sensitivity.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by PalmettoTrooper View Post
    My lil boy has found a new love in his 50.00 detector from Amazon. After playing with it in the yard, it seems to be addictive and I’m contemplating on getting a nice one.
    Prices are all over the place so I need help in finding the “go to unit” and mandatory accessories. TIAAttachment 29862
    I have a Garrett Ace 250 that you are welcome to try out/use to see how you like it. I bought it for work and rarely use it.