Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carolina Inn in Denmark

My Vet buddy who Glen bought out lives in Denmark and would not leave it for the world. Nice place
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    2fer's onto something here.

DJA gets a write off.

Rat gets a place to lay his head that won't require butt stuff with the natives.

Win-win.
    Lol you fellas might be onto something.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Your club on hwy 70?

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    My Vet buddy who Glen bought out lives in Denmark and would not leave it for the world. Nice place
    Is his name Derrick by chance?

Winton Inn is going to be your closest decent option. I have stayed there before. I stay at my uncles house now whenever i hunt down there but I dont think i would ever consider staying in Denmark itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Lazy is not a virtue of a duck hunter.

I've stayed in an orthodontist's office before. I thought it would be nice to sleep in those chairs, but they suck after about an hour. I ended up sleeping on the floor. I also thought someone was breaking in at one point. It was in Florence, so they probably were.
    Last edited by Moonlight Hunter; 10-17-2017 at 09:58 PM.

It's a wonder some of you have the courage to leave the house every day.

^once again, I'm with stupid.^

its a freakin hotel. Denmark is not exactly downtown chicago. If people were getting shot up every day, I am fairly certain the hotel wouldnt remain open. For chrissake, just lock the door and hug your damn pistol if it makes you feel safe.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by hunting_jim View Post
    Is his name Derrick by chance?
    NO. Vet as in DoggyDoc
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

We're leaving this set up on NFS land thru January. This is the best way to spend a deer season in the woods IMO.
    Maybe OP can a find a small local campground to set a camp up.

20171010_192549.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DJA View Post
    We actually have an office in Denmark and insure many homes at the country club... I will second that, very relaxing and some pretty cool houses out there.
    I grew up spending at least a couple of weeks each Summer down there. I have eaten many a watermelon on those docks and on the floats out in the river when they were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    I grew up spending at least a couple of weeks each Summer down there. I have eaten many a watermelon on those docks and on the floats out in the river when they were there.
    Great place! They do it right on 4th of July too. Special place for sure.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    NO. Vet as in DoggyDoc
    I used to be in a hunting club in Denmark and a veterinarian named Derrick hunted with us. He was from the upstate.

State Farm has an agency opportunity in Denmark right now. It is hard to fill that opening.

Quote Originally Posted by hunting_jim View Post
    Your club on hwy 70?
    178 between Bamberg and Denmark.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    State Farm has an agency opportunity in Denmark right now. It is hard to fill that opening.
    Johnny Haralson must be retiring. He made a damn good living down there, that's fine if no one wants in though... less competition the better. In all seriousness though I think a lot of people are not wanting to fill that position 1. Because it's in the boondocks and 2. Because of the way StateFarm is structured now... I beleieve an agency owner has no ownership of their book now, is that correct?

Johnny Haralson must be retiring. He made a damn good living down there, that's fine if no one wants in though... less competition the better. In all seriousness though I think a lot of people are not wanting to fill that position 1. Because it's in the boondocks and 2. Because of the way StateFarm is structured now... I beleieve an agency owner has no ownership of their book now, is that correct?
    It's a different contract now than what some of the older guys signed.

Correct from what I am told by my friends at SF. Newer contract doesn't sound very appetizing to me. Never figured out how Mr. Johnny did so well where he was as it isn't really SF ideal neighborhood.
    cut\'em

Swampy are you no longer hunting over my way? Your trolling motor is still sitting under the shed awaiting pickup.
    cut\'em