Thread: Savage Bmag 17wsm

Default Savage Bmag 17wsm

After studying up on the ballistics of the 17wsm, I'm convinced I need a rifle in that caliber. I have taken a look at the bmag with the heavy stainless barrel. Anyone on here have one? I read some mixed reviews and wanted more feedback. General consensus seems to be some distaste for the stock but also read about a possible issue with the trigger resetting.

don't know shit about the wsm, but the hmr is a bad little round
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

17 wsm is a bad little critter, b mag add a boyds and your golden. I don't know about the heavy barrel if your toting long distance. youtube has a bunch of reviews and mods. If I didn't own two 22 mags I would opt for one.. Volquartsen is making one as well pricey but their stuff is for life.
    Genesis 9;2

The stock is the only thing to dislike for me. I have the heavy barrel model and it is a tack driver. turned wild dogs heads to jelly at 175 yards.

The only issue is the stock, as said above. Inside 200 yards it will do anything you need. I prefer the 25 grain loads.

Oh, it ain't for squirrels. Even shot in the head.
    Last edited by Baggy; 10-17-2017 at 05:50 AM.

oh yeah i forgot. Baggy's right about squirrels. only good for them if you want to kill, clean, cook, and chew up all in one shot. I still want to shoot a hog in the head with it though!

Thanks for the input. I pulled the trigger on it yesterday. Picked up the model with the heavy stainless barrel. Now I just need to put some glass on it and get bore cleaning stuff small enough to get down the pipe. As already mentioned the stock feels a little cheap but I'll live with it for the moment.

Shoot a squirrel in the yard and report back.

Its my go to Small game gun on public land from January to March (hogs). I also have the heavy barrel and the stock is flimsy but as long as you grip or rest it the same it's repeatable. The 25 grain bullets in my gun will group inside a nickel, five shot groups, at 100 yards and you can make the trigger stupid light. All in all a great little gun. Franklin Armory makes an AR upper but I'm poor and with shot placement I don't think a semi would help me much.
    JT
    Politicians and diapers must be changed often. And for the same reason.

I have owned both the B-mag and the Franklin Armory AR version. One of my favorite calibers, extremely accurate and carries energy well. The only problem I have with the B-mag was the bullet casing splits when fired and hard to eject. Other than that bad a## cartridge.