Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bfg at vs Falken Wildpeak AT vs Toyo ATII .... Road noise?

Me. They are awesome! Best AT I have ever owned. I have had Nito, BFG, and Coopers. I only have 2k on them. For an AT they clean and pull really well. I think they are the best looking AT on the road.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Got set of the wildpeak at3 on my 4runner.they are pretty quiet.i only have about 5000 miles.truck doesn't get drove much

Ordered the falken..great reviews and $359 cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    my cousin has the KO2 on his dodge. Worn out at 30,000 maybe less
    The dodge or the KO2's?

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    The dodge or the KO2's?
    He had to delete the dodge. The tires are worn out now
    Go Tigers!!!

I’ll be curious to hear how you like them. I’ve always had great luck with the BFG, but the Falken’s have my attention as it seems everyone that has tried them raves about them.

My f250 got a set of KO2's in February. 34,000 miles later, rotation every oil change and they may have another 2-3k miles left in them. Worst mileage Ive ever seen out of BFG's. Ive ran BFG's for years and never had an issue until now. 50-60k miles was my normal replacement period but less than 40 is unacceptable. Ill be buying cheaper and replacing more often probably. Interested in these falkens yall speak of.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

Along with Scatter shot i can attest to the Cooper discoverer line also, had them on my Tacoma and i got 80k out of them and then sold the truck. Still would have gotten 10-20k out of them. Was on a tacoma though so not a ton of weight.

On my new F150 I went with BFG ko2's only because i had a friend getting rid of a brand new set. But honestly i like them alot. Would definitley buy again

my cousin has the KO2 on his dodge. Worn out at 30,000 maybe less
    Yep, one buddy of mine had to replace his at 25,000 miles. Dodge 3500. I got two other buddies with them one on a F150 the other on a Silverado both will be lucky to get 35,000 out of them. The KO2s are junk.

Just left from looking at tires myself. Yall have scared me away from the BFG's.

I'm really leaning towards the Toyo Open Country RT. It seems like a good in between tire.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Just left from looking at tires myself. Yall have scared me away from the BFG's.

I'm really leaning towards the Toyo Open Country RT. It seems like a good in between tire.
    Nitto Ridge grappler, take a look at em. Im running them on my '11 tundra. Good looking tire, quiet, and so far ive gotten really good miles out of them.

BFGs are gentlemen mud tires. The rest just look new age and tacky.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Yep, one buddy of mine had to replace his at 25,000 miles. Dodge 3500. I got two other buddies with them one on a F150 the other on a Silverado both will be lucky to get 35,000 out of them. The KO2s are junk.
    I had more than 35K on my KO2s on the Silverado I sold earlier this year and they had lots of tread left (close to 1/2). My brother has a set on his Tundra that is a couple years old and those still look great too.

Nitto, you can't even sound like a grown up repeating a name like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Nitto Ridge grappler, take a look at em. Im running them on my '11 tundra. Good looking tire, quiet, and so far ive gotten really good miles out of them.
    I like those as well, but every teenager at LMA has them. I'm like HS. I need more of a gentleman tire.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    I like those as well, but every teenager at LMA has them. I'm like HS. I need more of a gentleman tire.
    10-4. When I was looking at tires I mentioned the Nittos after I read a lot of reviews on them and the tire place told me they had not even sold a set to anyone yet. I told them its what I wanted and he actually sold them to me "cheaper than he would normally" because he hadnt sold any yet and wanted to see how they wore. Ive yet to see anyone other than one other truck with them and that being the boy saw them on my truck when they were installing them and ordered a set. I see him riding around town from time to time.

Toyo R/T They arent loud for a mud/at tire. I'm sure the At2 are even quieter.
    The R/Ts have definitely been my favorite tires I've had on a truck.

Have always run bfg ko's on mine and always get 50000 plus on them and I'm getting ready to put ko2's on it . Big thing with any of em is to keep em rotated
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

Anybody running the Bfg mud terrains? I like the fact that they are almost the same weight as my all terrains. I don't know if I'll like jumping from a 58 pound Bfg Ko to about 70 pounds with the Trail grapplers and Toyo M/T.

I've always run the BFG's and put the KO2 on my truck and they now have 62K miles on them and looking at 20% tread still left on them. Best mileage I have ever gotten out of a set of BFG's
    there is not a thing wrong with 3 woodies a day!!!