Thread: Hiroshima

Default Hiroshima

Fire damage is seen from the air in the Coffey Park neighborhood October 11, 2017, in Santa Rosa, California

http://mashable.com/2017/10/12/calif...2#UffzKFZnjkqU

Damn. Not a structure left standing. That's horrible. Lot of folks knock California for it's weird, liberal folks, but you get outside of the big cities, and these folks are hard working conservative minded people. I was out duck hunting south of where all these fires are, it's a beautiful area. I hate to see it for these people.

Northern California has some good, hardworking people in it. Hate this is going on

Wow.

I can't imagine how hot a fire has to be to make everything disappear like that.

Geez that's awful. Prayers up for those folks

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    Damn. Not a structure left standing. That's horrible. Lot of folks knock California for it's weird, liberal folks, but you get outside of the big cities, and these folks are hard working conservative minded people. I was out duck hunting south of where all these fires are, it's a beautiful area. I hate to see it for these people.
    Yep. I have a lot of friends out there, including the guy you hunted with, and it is horrible. If their taxation wasn't such a goatfuck, I would have moved out there 10 years ago. Sportsman's Paradise Louisiana? Lol, nope. It is the West coast...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Yep. I have a lot of friends out there, including the guy you hunted with, and it is horrible. If their taxation wasn't such a goatfuck, I would have moved out there 10 years ago. Sportsman's Paradise Louisiana? Lol, nope. It is the West coast...
    That's right, I do remember Paul saying he knew you. He's a good guy for sure. Really enjoyed the three days I hunted with him. It's a lot of hunting and fishing opportunities for sure out there.

Someone on SCDucks was living in Northern Cal, I can't remember his name but I haven's seen him post recently. He used to post pics of his kayak hunts. Does anyone know how he is doing or if he even still lives there?
    Last edited by bigtimeduckhunter; 10-13-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Ring King.

My boss man lives in Sonoma Valley. He is a great guy. He's been evacuated from him home for a week now and has no clue when he will be able to get back in his home. He said the fire has moved away from his house but the smoke is so thick, you cannot see or breath in the area. There is a cold air above that is trapping the smoke...keeping it from rising up and out. They do not have power, water or gas.

Them got turkeys?
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Is a duck's ass water tight?

Those fires are an annual deal out there. Just normally not on such a huge scale. I have a great friend who works (worked) at Frey. The winery and vineyards are a near total loss. Said that the wine in the warehouses could be heard boiling in the vats and barrels. Most of the 2017 grape crop was harvested before the fire, but may not be salvageable for wine - due to the smoke that the grapes have absorbed. This will affect the wine industry for years to come. That 3 buck Chuck may be 30 buck Charles due to supply..

Seeing fires of this magnitude will make you realize real quick how powerless humans are .. a couple years back, we almost lost our place in WA to a similar event. 800 yards was all we had for a buffer between a total loss..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Unfortunately Mother Nature is saying something many don't want to hear. I feel for those folks.
    cut\'em

Most of the vegetation out there is fire dependent and it has to burn periodically to survive and go to seed. Not much different than living on the coast and waiting on the "big one." We all know it will happen sooner or later. I have empathy for the people out there but little sympathy. They took the risk and decided that is where they wanted to live. Most of us have the opportunity to make life decisions on where to live knowing full well what may happen and decide it is worth the risk. Those dumb bastards just lost. But next year we may be the dumb bastards.
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"

Yep. When you have 90 seconds at 2am between hauling ass or dying in your home...

Fire damage is seen from the air in the Coffey Park neighborhood October 11, 2017, in Santa Rosa, California

http://mashable.com/2017/10/12/calif...2#UffzKFZnjkqU
    Where are the people?. I see at least three vehicles that weren't there during the fires so where are those individuals at in the photo?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Some very interesting facts about these western fires.

1. Could be put out earlier at first puff by either local or full supression teams. Most fires reported within 2hours of ignition.

2. Govt agencies evaluate a fire before jumping into suppression mode...Useful Wild Fire for fuel reduction or catastrophic fire such as Pisgah.. Ooops

3. Fire size up, Fire numbers down long term.

4. Dollar per acre to fight and supress waaayyy up in expenditures long term.

Govt.
    Genesis 9;2