Thread: Arby's introducing deer meat to all locations

Default Arby's introducing deer meat to all locations

Arby’s’ “We have the meats” slogan is right on target.

The fast food chain, known for its slow-roasted roast beef sandwiches, began selling limited-edition venison sandwiches a year ago in select markets.

The company announced this week the “100 percent deer meat” sandwiches will be available nationwide in the chain’s 3,300 locations later this month.

The sandwiches, which were originally offered at locations in heavy deer hunting states, including Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania and Tennessee, will be available everywhere starting Oct. 21, USA Today reported.

“The positive response to our limited offering of venison last year was so widespread and passionate that we knew we had to find a way to offer it nationwide,” Jim Taylor, chief marketing officer of Arby’s said in a news release. “On October 21, we want hunters and meat enthusiasts across the country to visit their local Arby’s and enjoy this amazing sandwich. It’s a perfect example of the level of innovation coming from our teams and our commitment to creating experiences that guests can only get at Arby’s.”

We have the Venison. 10-21-2017 pic.twitter.com/sD4rZBOJRb
    — Arby's (@Arbys) October 11, 2017
    When Arby’s first introduced the venison sandwich at 17 U.S. locations last year, the sandwich sold out within hours.

Arby’s brand president and chief marketing officer, Rob Lynch, said customers should expect similar demand for the sandwiches when the offering expands to the new locations.

“If people are interested in trying the sandwich, the only way to guarantee they can get one is to get there when we open or a little before and make sure they are in line, just like the folks last year,” he said in a news release.

The venison sandwich features a thick-cut venison steak marinated in garlic, salt and pepper. The meat is topped with crispy onions and a juniper berry sauce.

Beginning Oct. 21, Arby’s will also start testing a limited-edition elk sandwich. The elk sandwich will be available initially in only three restaurants in the popular elk hunting states of Colorado, Wyoming and Montana.

http://www.ajc.com/news/national/arb...iojez4sjT1fAM/

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

This is cool but how are they getting around the wild game laws. Or are these farm raised deer and elk?
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Farm raised I am sure. There are a bunch of them in Canada and probably here as well. We will see what happens with CWD when the the first human contracts Creutzfeldt Jakob and tries to blame it on Arbys...

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    This is cool but how are they getting around the wild game laws. Or are these farm raised deer and elk?
    I'm sure they are farm raised. There are "wild game" restaurants all over the place. The closest to you is Saskatoon in Greenville.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Farm raised I am sure. There are a bunch of them in Canada and probably here as well. We will see what happens with CWD when the the first human contracts Creutzfeldt Jakob and tries to blame it on Arbys...
    That's got to be it. I think this part is what threw me:

The elk sandwich will be available initially in only three restaurants in the popular elk hunting states of Colorado, Wyoming and Montana.
    Luvin Labs

Yeah I know. I've eaten there many times. They send a dang postcard every year on my birthday. They won't let me forget where they are located.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Yep. I will never forget when an elk farmer in Canada walked into the bar/hotel we were staying in and asked if we would come shoot his herd. They were in a 10th of an acre fence, we didn't have any elk licences (not that we would have needed them), but that was our excuse for saying fuck that... #notamies

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Yep. I will never forget when an elk farmer in Canada walked into the bar/hotel we were staying in and asked if we would come shoot his herd. They were in a 10th of an acre fence, we didn't have any elk licences (not that we would have needed them), but that was our excuse for saying fuck that... #notamies
    Like, his whole herd? How many animals did he say he had?

20 or so in the pen we saw. He wanted them killed simply because whatever deal he had to sell them fell through, and they were costing him a ton in upkeep. I guess he had developed a bond with them and didn't want to shoot them himself. If only he had advertised in Garden and Gun, he could have made $20K each. There were some big horns in there...

Well now.
    I think Arbys is going to find out hunters have been lying all the time. They probably were banking on the fact that most hunters love deer. I only hunt for meat. Buck tags will ruin my family. So on and so on.

What they will find is this will be the biggest flop ever.

All the meat arguments are total red hearings.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Can't see venison being a huge hit. May get novelty buyers for awhile and it'll fade fast. They'll get it from a farm, like the bison farm down from my house.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I'll try it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft