Thread: Who Can Run A VIN?

Default Who Can Run A VIN?

If you're able to run a VIN number for a possible purchase, please PM me, or let me know and I'll PM you.

Wife needs a new vehicle, and I'd like to have my ducks in a row.

Thank you.

My bank ran one for me even though I wasn't going to get a loan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

what is the purpose? To see if it's stolen? To see if it has a lien? Need more info

CarFax.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    what is the purpose? To see if it's stolen? To see if it has a lien? Need more info
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    CarFax.
    Well, just realized while looking online that the CarFax is available on both vehicles we're looking at.

I know they're not really worth the paper they're printed on, but at least it adds a little insight.

I'm good for now; thanks thus far.

Do you know any mechanics with alldata?
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Well, just realized while looking online that the CarFax is available on both vehicles we're looking at.

I know they're not really worth the paper they're printed on, but at least it adds a little insight.

I'm good for now; thanks thus far.
    I am in the Auto Service business and every car I repair or service is reported to CarFax. Every line Item on each invoice of every vehicle is reported. Many shops and body shops as well as dealers report, so a CarFax report should be fairly accurate.

Hi-Gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I pulled a Carfax for you on your F250 that you had a million problems with. I don't have the ability to do it anymore unfortunately

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

You can do it yourself online but it's a bit of a hassle. This site explains how to do it and gives you the different websites you'll have need to compile all the data. How To Check A VIN.

They have links to VIN Checker, National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) and National Highway Transport Safety Administration (NHTSA).

Each site contains different data on the VIN. You compile it yourself. The How To Check Vin site has an illustration to show you how to read a VIN before you start checking it. Then it takes you through the steps 1,2,3,4,5. Explaining how to use each website and what type of data you will find on each one.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I can run your vin, show carfax, and what similar vehicles brought at the auction.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by higear View Post
    I am in the Auto Service business and every car I repair or service is reported to CarFax. Every line Item on each invoice of every vehicle is reported. Many shops and body shops as well as dealers report, so a CarFax report should be fairly accurate.

Hi-Gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah...that's great and all, but from what I've learned -- cash under the table will keep all sorts of things off a CarFax. See below:
    Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    I think I pulled a Carfax for you on your F250 that you had a million problems with. I don't have the ability to do it anymore unfortunately
    Yup. You did. Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 10-13-2017 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    I can run your vin, show carfax, and what similar vehicles brought at the auction.
    Thanks!

And I appreciate the lesson, Mergie.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 10-13-2017 at 06:04 AM.

I thought you just rode the bus?