Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Notch your deer tags

Default Notch your deer tags

Make sure you fellas are being sure to notch your deer tags. I took a deer into Campbell's last night and Mr. Tom was telling me DNR had come in there and given a fella an $1100 fine for not doing so.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

If I'm not mistaken, you can also mark the correct dates with a pen or marker.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Correct me if I'm wrong but, can't you color in the month and day with a pen or do you have to notch it too?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, can't you color in the month and day with a pen or do you have to notch it too?
    Yeah you can do that as well. Just some form of indication of the date killed. Looks like DNR is trying to make money to pay for this tagging program.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Ill be damned.

$1100? Come on $110 maybe

And now you see the real reason tags came about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    It was at the deer processor. It's the male equivalent to the beauty parlor. An exaggeration or two has been known to happen.

It's the seatbelt law of hunting

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    It was at the deer processor. It's the male equivalent to the beauty parlor. An exaggeration or two has been known to happen.
    It's like reading it on the internet.

I'd ask it on that Facebook page. That big tittied gal may answer in a bikini this time. That seems to be a knowledgeable group of expert hunters.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

If I shoot a deer in GA but have it processed in SC,are there any special rules to follow?

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    No they fined the guy at the processor. Owner watched it all happen and was just relaying the message to me. I'm for sure not going to test my luck. Said the guy asked for a warning and the green jeans pointed at his sheet of tags with the rules on it and said we already gave you a warning.
    Last edited by DJA; 10-12-2017 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I'd ask it on that Facebook page. That big tittied gal may answer in a bikini this time. That seems to be a knowledgeable group of expert hunters.
    She used to(maybe still does) work at a processor in Johnston, so she would know...

Quote Originally Posted by DJA View Post
    Make sure you fellas are being sure to notch your deer tags. I took a deer into Campbell's last night and Mr. Tom was telling me DNR had come in there and given a fella an $1100 fine for not doing so.
    I can see a fine but not that much, BS on the amount

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    I can see a fine but not that much, BS on the amount
    It's ridiculous I agree. Minimum is $300 and the maximum is $1100. They are handing out maximums I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    This sounds more correct

Quote Originally Posted by DJA View Post
    No they fined the guy at the processor. Owner watched it all happen and was just relaying the message to me. I'm for sure not going to test my luck. Said the guy asked for a warning and the green jeans pointed at his sheet of tags with the rules on it and said we already gave you a warning.
    If this is true, it sounds like there may have been some prior history between this hunter and warden.
    Last edited by JJ1965; 10-12-2017 at 07:45 AM.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    If I shoot a deer in GA but have it processed in SC,are there any special rules to follow?
    Yeah, make sure they understand what "go get fucked" means when you bring it to the processor and they want to know why. Ex. Green Jeans- "Why does your deer not have a tag?" You- "I killed this deer in GA, now, go get fucked."

Alright fellas, I just called DNR and they reached out to a Warden and the response the Warden gave was "all the info they could give was it would be a minimum of $110 up to jail time". They also stated that there is nothing in the rules that says "how" the dates on the tags have to be marked or notched as long as it is done in some fashion you would be fine.

Sounds like this here fella may have been hit with the minimum but the processor added the extra zero for a better story haha