Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for anyone that may be able to point me in the right direction.

Default Looking for anyone that may be able to point me in the right direction.

Hey guys I'm new to the group and new to the state. I just got out of the Marine Corps and moved to Conway thanks to my wife having family in Myrtle. I'm an avid waterfowler and love the sport. I can't afford a boat right now so my only option is a kayak. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I may be able to find some birds? I'm not looking for your secret spots or anything like that just asking for some guidance. Also if there is anyone out there that has a spare spot on there boat on occasions I would gladly pay for your gas and gas in the boat if you would let a man tag along sometime. Thanks in advance guys and I hope to hear from you soon.

"Shoot em low and slow"

There aren't any birds in SC.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

None at all? Ever?.....

Here's the best direction you will get from this place...
    head northward or head westward

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

So no one likes to help others out? or there are no birds around the coast from Georgetown to NC? haha

Thank you for your service. If I hunted as much as I used to or in your area I’d tell you to come on.

I do think a kayak and aerial maps in that area could lead to some decent hunts. Good luck
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

If all you got is a kayak find some woodie holes and be happy. It's usually pretty slim pickings anywhere in sc unless you have private birds.
    More Ducks, Less People

There's a guy on here named kayakkillshots. You need to hook up with him. He crushes the mallards with fashion and can call ducks like a boss. And he also hunts out of a kayak too as a bonus!
    867-5309

I tell you what brother , being you fought for my freedom and you don't mind to drive. I have a duck hole about 40 minutes out of Savannah . When the time comes and they are thick,so it will be worth the drive . You are welcome to bring some fellow Marines and kill the hell out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    There's a guy on here named kayakkillshots. You need to hook up with him. He crushes the mallards with fashion and can call ducks like a boss. And he also hunts out of a kayak too as a bonus!
    No shit just got a pm from him...
    Pro Remington 870 Operator

Quote Originally Posted by kayakkillshots View Post
    No shit just got a pm from him...
    Then take him.
    867-5309

This is a tough crowd around here, you should learn that quick. Just go buy a yella handled Case knife and see if someone wants to meet up for a beer. You should be ok. A yella handled Case for someone in Horry county is the equivalent of a light saber to a Jedi knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    I tell you what brother , being you fought for my freedom and you don't mind to drive. I have a duck hole about 40 minutes out of Savannah . When the time comes and they are thick,so it will be worth the drive . You are welcome to bring some fellow Marines and kill the hell out of them.
    Thank you for the invite Timsmith, I don't have anyone that I know around here to go with me so I'm all alone haha Thanks for the info gentlemen and I am more than open to more information!

Prepare to be disappointed a lot

First off thank you for your service sir. I live on Big Pee Dee and you are welcome to use my ramp to unload. IWill PM you so we can meet up.

paddle, paddle, and paddle some more. You'll find something to shoot at or get yelled at by the property owners. Either way it'll be an experience. Good luck.

Drive down to Summerville and I'll take you to some walk in spots. Probably won't shoot any ducks, but that's most of my season.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    This. I had planned on posting something similar, but realized I have no duck holes and I am nowhere near as eloquent as the poet laureate of scducks, Mr timsmith.

a kayak should open up some good places for you, best advice I can give, is to go ahead now and start learning waters you wanna try to hunt. i am no help on where to find birds on the coast, but i bet if you put in some work you can find some with that yak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.