Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NRA backs additional regs on bump stocks

Default NRA backs additional regs on bump stocks

These dudes better get silencers as a compromise...

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/05/nra-...ing-rates.html

Poosies.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

And somebody on here was just pushing for memberships.

Not saying I agree or disagree, but just like the flag BS in SC, don't make a knee jerk decision. Let all the facts come out, emotions settle and then have a reasonable discussion. Never a good idea to legislate during times of crisis as mistakes made may never be able to be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Poosies.
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSportsman View Post
    Not saying I agree or disagree, but just like the flag BS in SC, don't make a knee jerk decision. Let all the facts come out, emotions settle and then have a reasonable discussion. Never a good idea to legislate during times of crisis as mistakes made may never be able to be corrected.
    I agree with this (but think that banning such devices is a good idea- flame away).
    Carolina Counsel

Dang T! How dare your say that! You are a sheep goat poosie crap tree huggin flametard liberal who only wants to shoot an old english double barrel! (read in sarcasm font)
    Last edited by DJP; 10-05-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

It would be fine with me if they banned them as a bargaining tool. Bump-stocks are a novelty not a serious transition of the gun. No one in the shooting community takes bump-stocks seriously. The only thing they're good for is wasting ammo and making a newcomers feel cool at the range. There's no way you can hit what you're aiming at using a bump-stock because you can't aim when bump-firing.

Anyone familiar with the AR platform also knows that you don't need a "bump-stock" to "bump-fire" an AR. Bump-firing (without a special stock) has been around ever since the AR platform first became popular. With a little practice anyone can learn to waste ammo bump-firing any AR. Bump-stocks have only been around since 2010. All they do is make bump-firing easier and save the shooter a lot of ammo while practicing to bump-fire.

Here's an 11 year old film of a guy showing how to bump fire an AR without a special stock:

Last edited by Mergie Master; 10-05-2017 at 03:18 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

NRA is to powerful gun lobby as Al Sharpton is to black lives.

who gave them this "power?"

I am not a fan of the NRA.

There. I said it.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

and dammit i agree with the mergster. throw em a bone? but why "give them" bump stocks OR silencers.

I hate this "bipartisan movement in the wake of the shootings" BS.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

It's all BS and the NRA is a band of pussies. They always have been.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

If fully automatic weapons are regulated, it's hard to make an intelligent argument for an add-on that's sole purpose is to mimic an automatic rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    It would be fine with me if they banned them as a bargaining tool. Bump-stocks are a novelty not a serious transition of the gun. No one in the shooting community takes bump-stocks seriously. The only thing they're good for is wasting ammo and making a newcomers feel cool at the range. There's no way you can hit what you're aiming at using a bump-stock because you can't aim when bump-firing.

Anyone familiar with the AR platform also knows that you don't need a "bump-stock" to "bump-fire" an AR. Bump-firing (without a special stock) has been around ever since the AR platform first became popular. With a little practice anyone can learn to waste ammo bump-fire any AR. Bump-stocks have only been around since 2010. All they do is make bump-firing easier and save the shooter a lot of ammo while practicing to bump-fire.
    3c[/url]
    Are those your words or did you copy and paste that?
    Last edited by Steelin' Ducks; 10-05-2017 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Missed a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Are those your words or did you copy and paste that?
    That was me. You can tell cause I had to edit it 3 times.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I have to like the NRA because through them I get my instructor's insurance and a lot of instructor training. None of which is on the ILA side of the house. Take a NRA Instructor class and they are all careful to make sure that it's known that they are not connected to the political side of the house.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Not defending the NRA, I've had my dander get up over compromises they've made more than one time. But I'm tired of hearing so-called 2nd Amendment defenders use the Democrat lie that the NRA is a huge lobby that throws millions at Congressman. Nothing could be further from the truth. Compared to other lobbyist like corporate lobbyist, oil companies, etc. the NRA is a baby. They don't have the kind of dollars it takes to move legislation. The NRA's power is in it's numbers of members that vote. It uses that 4 million or 5 millions members as a bargaining chip.

If being a member makes me an enemy of Hillary, I'll whip out my life member card.

I'm just gonna have to be an enemy of Hillary on my own.

Fuck her and these spineless NRA turd lickers.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Don't look like dude had to worry about aim, he took out plenty, spray and pray! I think I could design something better, but not sure what the law would allow and how bulky it would be.
    Low country redneck who moved north

I haven't closely looked at the pics from the scene and have honestly never had a case involving a bump fire stock. So I have no first hand experience. Two questions come to mind - A: can they operate reliably on guns fired from a bipod (seems like the bipod may inhibit the recoil impulse too much) and, if so, B: were any of the guns in the room with bipods fitted with these stocks?

Reason I ask - he may have been able to put down more effectively aimed fire if it was stabilized on a bipod.