Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Tracking

I've installed fleetmatics. Verizon is the carrier.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    You wouldn't have to fire me, I would fucking quit day one of that bullshit.
    This is funny. To start with we have Fleetmatics and its great. It allows me to see everything the truck is doing, sends speeding alerts, excess idling, pretty much a full view of what the vehicle is doing. It also allows us to receive service alerts, that way there is no question about whether or not the driver is keeping up with it.

Now for what Southernduck said. I hired a driver a while back and honestly forgot to tell them about the gps on the truck. They are no secret and it is always something I tell a new driver before they get in the truck. Well after I caught him in a lie his first day of working telling me that the truck cranked up and then cut back off so he was late trying to get it back started, I called him on bullshit. Told him the key had not been switched on because I was watching it on fleematics. He did exactly what you said, brought me his keys and said he wasn't driving a truck with gps. I very politely told him that I paid 140k for the mother fucker, paid taxes, insurance, fuel, and if his fat ass didnt like the fact that I want to see where my truck was and what it was doing he could walk his fat lazy ass home. He left on foot and its the last time I've had the issue. My guys that work like they are supposed to don't mind it, its the lazy ones that get pissed off about it.

Quote Originally Posted by gobblinfever View Post
    This is funny. To start with we have Fleetmatics and its great. It allows me to see everything the truck is doing, sends speeding alerts, excess idling, pretty much a full view of what the vehicle is doing. It also allows us to receive service alerts, that way there is no question about whether or not the driver is keeping up with it.

Now for what Southernduck said. I hired a driver a while back and honestly forgot to tell them about the gps on the truck. They are no secret and it is always something I tell a new driver before they get in the truck. Well after I caught him in a lie his first day of working telling me that the truck cranked up and then cut back off so he was late trying to get it back started, I called him on bullshit. Told him the key had not been switched on because I was watching it on fleematics. He did exactly what you said, brought me his keys and said he wasn't driving a truck with gps. I very politely told him that I paid 140k for the mother fucker, paid taxes, insurance, fuel, and if his fat ass didnt like the fact that I want to see where my truck was and what it was doing he could walk his fat lazy ass home. He left on foot and its the last time I've had the issue. My guys that work like they are supposed to don't mind it, its the lazy ones that get pissed off about it.
    I think he was talking about a sales guy being tracked at home. Not your company property.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    I think he was talking about a sales guy being tracked at home. Not your company property.
    But are they not tracking company property? They don't have it on his personal property

I'd pay a kid to peddle my company phone around while I took a nap if I worked for Jozie.

different deal gobblinthunder you are talking about a log truck driver or something like that which is a giant headache in itself. I get fleet monitoring on that application, I would run it myself. I am talking about a sales guy that doesn't eat unless he sells. If I have to monitor my salesman's whereabouts all I need to do is look at his sales period. It is this shit that has caused alot of my friends also in sales to turn in company trucks and phones. Check email at the office.
    Last edited by Southernduck; 10-03-2017 at 04:42 PM.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    different deal gobblinthunder you are talking about a log truck driver or something like that which is a giant headache in itself. I get fleet monitoring on that application, I would run it myself. I am talking about a sales guy that doesn't eat unless he sells. If I have to monitor my salesman's whereabouts all I need to do is look at his sales period. It is this shit that has caused alot of my friends also in sales to turn in company trucks and phones. Check email at the office.
    I got ya.

In divorce battles it is always fun to find them on your friends vehicles and promptly place them on an 18 wheeler w out of state tags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't try Verizon Hum. It sucks and I just sent a couple back after wasting time installing and configuring them.

I ordered two Wex Telematics units but have not installed them yet. Wex is our fleet fuel card provider and I have been pleased with their service. I will let you know if I get them put in this week.

What is the average cost per truck on fleetmatics, and how does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Just let her go. It wasn't meant to be...
    Bwahahahahaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    First thing I thought as well. I know some couples that use the phone feature to track each other. Ain't no damn way I'd put up with that.
    I've seen her shoot. I'd be skeert.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    In divorce battles it is always fun to find them on your friends vehicles and promptly place them on an 18 wheeler w out of state tags
    I've always wondered about that as a fun solution.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

As a divorce lawyer, I have sent more than one on a long trip to a friend who drove it around Farmville Virginia for a week or so then mailed it back.

Best poker face ever is required while the PI gives his report.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Quote Originally Posted by justpracticin View Post
    As a divorce lawyer, I have sent more than one on a long trip to a friend who drove it around Farmville Virginia for a week or so then mailed it back.

Best poker face ever is required while the PI gives his report.
    What?

Edit: I get it now.
    Last edited by turbo; 10-05-2017 at 02:54 PM.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

When the opposing counsel calls the PI to the stand to testify that they tracked my client via GPS to Virginia, you don't want to smile and give it away. It is much easier to discredit them if they don't know its coming.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

They Make things that you can scan your vehicle for gps locators. After the other party gets charged for 3-4 lost locators they normally give up

Although I find this whole thing amusing, I am really wanting to keep track of where my trucks are throughout the day.

Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by justpracticin View Post
    When the opposing counsel calls the PI to the stand to testify that they tracked my client via GPS to Virginia, you don't want to smile and give it away. It is much easier to discredit them if they don't know its coming.
    How does the legality of that work? The divorcee has to be on the title as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Although I find this whole thing amusing, I am really wanting to keep track of where my trucks are throughout the day.

Thanks for the input.
    Isn't it obvious? Hire a divorce attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post

Thanks for the input.
    My company has fleet vehicles and they use efleets to my knowledge. It is a large scale company, not sure of pricing. Sorry to sidetrack your thread w the idea of placing trackers (magnetic) from PI's on 18 wheelers. Equally valuable knowledge though

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    They Make things that you can scan your vehicle for gps locators. After the other party gets charged for 3-4 lost locators they normally give up

First hand knowledge?
    Low country redneck who moved north