Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Tracking

Default Vehicle Tracking

I know we have discussed this before but I cannot find the thread. What tracking systems are you using for your fleet? I would like real-time tracking on three or four trucks.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

we use brickhouse security. just plug the unit into the OBD port under the dash.

Verizon Fleet Managment

Fleetmatics. Remind me to give you some info when you come get this tank
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

We use the one through Verizon. I don't know the name, but it is fucking crazy

Trimble

Just let her go. It wasn't meant to be...

Quote Originally Posted by lil 2 sleepy View Post
    That’s a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    That’s a good thing?
    It's fucking crazy....does that not tell you what you need to know?

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    we use brickhouse security. just plug the unit into the OBD port under the dash.
    Boy stop

We use Maas 360 which is a mobile device management software.

In essence, we track cell phones not vehicles. Many of our managers drive company vehicles, but they also fly and drive rental cars. They ALL have company cell phones.

This also give us ability to limit access to company servers, limit email and gain approval for any download on device. We can "brick" a phone remotely if we have a rogue manager that wont return company property after termination.

On the vehicle side, its set up with alerts for hard stops, speeding etc. It tracks GPS location and can be set with Geofencing to send alerts as well. For instance if you are an outside salesman, I can put your home address in the system and it will send me an alert if you go home between 8-5.

We also get alerts if someone texts, emails, surfs internet while driving,

I have warned upper management and am waiting for my first subpoena from a divorce lawyer because its a treasure trove of info.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by santeeswamper View Post
    Boy stop
    hahahaha you never know when im watchin!

Quote Originally Posted by lil 2 sleepy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    That’s a good thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    It's fucking crazy....does that not tell you what you need to know?
    thats brickhouse. its crazy because that sucker will get yo ass in trouble. 3hr lunchbreak on the other side of town? truck not crank up until 11:00am when you supposed to be working 8-5? park behind the KFC hiding for two hours? its all there stored on the "cloud"

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Fleetmatics. Remind me to give you some info when you come get this tank
    We use fleetmatics also. works great

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Just let her go. It wasn't meant to be...
    First thing I thought as well. I know some couples that use the phone feature to track each other. Ain't no damn way I'd put up with that.

It's not like I have anything to hide. But you want to know where I'm at, you can send me a text.

Ans yes I'm off topic. Employee vehicles are different. Although if I felt like it was going to be an issue with my employer I'd go somewhere else.

Steelin don't need to track trucks to keep up with employees, it's so he can pinpoint location for the wreckers to tow that 20 year old fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    It tracks GPS location and can be set with Geofencing to send alerts as well. For instance if you are an outside salesman, I can put your home address in the system and it will send me an alert if you go home between 8-5..
    Fuck that shit. Thats taking it a little far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    We use Maas 360 which is a mobile device management software.

In essence, we track cell phones not vehicles. Many of our managers drive company vehicles, but they also fly and drive rental cars. They ALL have company cell phones.

This also give us ability to limit access to company servers, limit email and gain approval for any download on device. We can "brick" a phone remotely if we have a rogue manager that wont return company property after termination.

On the vehicle side, its set up with alerts for hard stops, speeding etc. It tracks GPS location and can be set with Geofencing to send alerts as well. For instance if you are an outside salesman, I can put your home address in the system and it will send me an alert if you go home between 8-5.

We also get alerts if someone texts, emails, surfs internet while driving,

I have warned upper management and am waiting for my first subpoena from a divorce lawyer because its a treasure trove of info.
    You wouldn't have to fire me, I would fucking quit day one of that bullshit.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    You wouldn't have to fire me, I would fucking quit day one of that bullshit.
    I was about to say...you are hiring the wrong sales team if you have to do shit like that.