Thread: 9/30

Default 9/30

Took the 6yo female offspring with me for the second time this year. She is officially hooked for sure. After the generous offer to shoot a bird on Labor Day by uga dawg, she said she wanted her own gun. So who am I deprive her of that? It's a little long but she was doing her best to line that sight up and peg some water bottles.

The old Remington 16ga was on point today. Did a nice double and didn't lose a bird. My daughter, the bird dog, was on point as well. And thanks to DuvnDux who brought his hound over to assist with one we couldn't locate. Appreciate the ride too.

Ended up with 9.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 10-01-2017 at 10:04 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the fair to the field... you livin it up this weekend.

Looks like y'all had a great time.

Good stuff
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Nice job Myles. But I've got to say "6 year old female offspring" sounds a little "clinical" and creepy.

Good job on the bb gun. You need to cut the stock down. Trace the pattern and break out the jigsaw. Or run it by Sardinia and I'll cut it down for you.

Also check her eye dominance. I never thought about it with the bb gun. But we did 22 today and it was quickly apparent she is left eye dominant so I had to undo all I had taught with the bb gun.

Eta: I didn't mean to sound so critical. You and your little girl are in the field shooting doves. Nicley done my man.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 09-30-2017 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    From the fair to the field... you livin it up this weekend.

Looks like y'all had a great time.
    And we still got one day to go! I got a good buddy and his wife in town from Alabama and we're taking them on a swamp ride tomorrow after church. Solid weekend for sure.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Uga, I dang sure need to cut it down soon. I'm not the tallest guy in the world and I've cut down wood stocks on 2 of my shotguns recently, pretty sure I can handle the Daisy. But after all, it would be a good excuse to get lost in Sardinia, long as that field is still holding some dove birds.

I'm gonna measure her length of pull tomorrow and lay a pattern. Still gotta do that trigger job thing too. That stock trigger is stiff as all get out.

Oh and now she wants a 4 wheeler too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I burned the rest of the millet but there hasn't been many doves lately. I'll text you if that changes.

Way to go Dad on the bb gun and getting the young lady into the outdoors.

Good for you Dad. Get those kids involved.

I was proud of her, she acted like she had been hunting forever. I smiled several times when I heard her echo you yelling "bird alerts" across the field. As for Ivy, my hound, she would have rather hunted with you yesterday since I couldn't hit anything.
    \"If they don\'t hatch, they don\'t fly south\"

Good job.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I'm really glad to see the ear plugs. You're doing good with her.

Bob
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Does beating your dog make you feel good about being a poor trainer?

Quote Originally Posted by DuvnDux View Post
    I was proud of her, she acted like she had been hunting forever. I smiled several times when I heard her echo you yelling "bird alerts" across the field. As for Ivy, my hound, she would have rather hunted with you yesterday since I couldn't hit anything.
    I woulda kept Ivy busy for sure.

I was proud of her too! The offspring caught on pretty quick regarding proper dove field etiquette. Looking forward to taking her again very soon.

Kinda made me chuckle... those guys we were trying to call out birds for would look right when the bird was coming to em on the left. The bird seemed to slip by em every time.

Last edited by willyworm; 10-02-2017 at 04:06 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BOB_HARWELL View Post
    I'm really glad to see the ear plugs. You're doing good with her.

Bob
    Thanks man. I'm trying to keep what hearing I got left, dang sure wanna get them started on the right foot.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

High bred bird dog you got there. Good work bud!