Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grill

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Weber is settling. Ask my neighbor who cooked a brisket yesterday, had to add coals to it 3 times and then finally pulled it off and finished it in the oven after 1 pm.

Weber is great for cooking a hamburger or a steak. Beyond that...there are better options for all around cooking.
    Just because your neighbor doesn't know what he is doing doesn't mean his equipment isn't capable. Hell, I've seen plenty of folks on this very forum that can't make something fall out of sky if their next breath depended on it.....doesn't mean its the Benelli/Beretta/Browning/Charles Daly's fault.

Weber is settling. Ask my neighbor who cooked a brisket yesterday, had to add coals to it 3 times and then finally pulled it off and finished it in the oven after 1 pm.

Weber is great for cooking a hamburger or a steak. Beyond that...there are better options for all around cooking.
    Your neighbor is an idiot. Butts. Turkeys. Brisket. Ribs. All done to perfection and most without ever having to take the lid off.

You don't have to spend a house payment on a grill to get decent food. Take a franklin and go to lowes and get a Weber and a chimney. Done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He speaketh da troof.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

If you’re gonna buy a gas grill just let your wife cook it on the stove.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Your neighbor is an idiot. Butts. Turkeys. Brisket. Ribs. All done to perfection and most without ever having to take the lid off.

You don't have to spend a house payment on a grill to get decent food. Take a franklin and go to lowes and get a Weber and a chimney. Done.

You can cook a brisket for over 12 hours without having to go through the hassle of reloading charcoal? I don't believe it.

I said most. A brisket I add coals once about 8 hours in.

Turkey? Same.

Butts? Rarely do I ever have to add coals.

Ribs? Never.

I can tell you this. Raising a lid, moving a rack and pouring in another chimney of coals isn't $1500 worth of a pain in the ass.

For $15 you can get one of those fancy grates with the hinges on either side that allow you to add coals without taking the grate off. Easy peasy.

I cook butts longer than brisket and usually never have to add coals to a Weber kettle using minion method and lump.

Again.... Indian, not the arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I said most. A brisket I add coals once about 8 hours in.

Turkey? Same.

Butts? Rarely do I ever have to add coals.

Ribs? Never.

I can tell you this. Raising a lid, moving a rack and pouring in another chimney of coals isn't $1500 worth of a pain in the ass.

I have heard that argument over and over from Weber owners. Then they get an egg and never look back. And never buy a grill again either. Buy once cry once

I've had a BGE, I currently own a weber. To me personally, the weber is way easier to use. I can cook anything on it I cooked on the egg with very little extra effort. To me, the little bit of extra attention I have to pay to it during the cook is way less of a headache than the aggravating ass process I had to go through to clean that fuckin egg out........
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Weber you pick it up and dump it out and not have to worry about cracking nothing. I got dents but da hell.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Use Stubbs charcoal and adding coals is a non issue

I have heard that argument over and over from Weber owners. Then they get an egg and never look back. And never buy a grill again either. Buy once cry once
    Justify that glorified pizza oven all you want. There's no shame in getting took by a shiny lure.

I love how the firebox in my weber never cracks.

Hell, buy a kettle and a Weber Smokey Mountain and you still only spent a 1/3 of the money and you have the best of both worlds.

Best grill I own is a cheap half barrel, chargriller might be the name. I can slide the grates around so I can control cooking things easier. I mean I've cooked on a weber kettle a bunch in my life, I've owned a couple. Maybe a table for it might be easier, but that cheap ass half barrel is the ticket. I don't have to worry about dropping the damn top either.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I've had a BGE, I currently own a weber. To me personally, the weber is way easier to use. I can cook anything on it I cooked on the egg with very little extra effort. To me, the little bit of extra attention I have to pay to it during the cook is way less of a headache than the aggravating ass process I had to go through to clean that fuckin egg out........
    Agree 100%...had two different size Eggs, sold them both and went back to two Weber kettles, 14" and 22" and a custom Alveron for big stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Use Stubbs charcoal and adding coals is a non issue

Co-sign...any good quality lump as opposed to using blue bag specials

Lowes had the premium kettle on sale for $89 yesterday. $89 freaking dollars.

I hope you weren’t expecting anything other than the kettle fans telling you to buy a kettle. Seen it happen too often.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler