Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This FBI investigation making any Gamecocks nervous?

Quote Originally Posted by baydog View Post
    this

I heard from one news outlet that some folks involved had accepted federal funds, i.e. grants
    Now that makes sense
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Final 4*
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

They gonna sing alright. LOUD.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

They start locking people up for this shit, Brad Scott is gonna have some sleepless nights coming up...

There arent enough jails in the world for all of the shady AAU coaches, handlers, runners and parents. For this thing to be cleaned up the entire AAU system would have to be shut down. Its all funded by the shoe companies. Just because Nike hasnt been named yet, you KNOW there are some execs that are building bon fires with files and taking their laptops deep sea fishing. Merle Code worked for Nike for a long time before going to Adidas. They didnt recruit him for his math skills (allegedly.)

Even in Rec Ball, you have "those Dads" who are pushing their kids at 7-8 years old.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    Scar made a deal with the devil in Frank Martin. This isnt run of the mill good ole boy cheating, this is corruption, bribery, wire fraud, and violation of the travel act. This is serious shit and just took down a hall of fame coach. You are naive if for one second you think Scar is not in trouble on this. Evans hand delivered Dozier and Thornwell, they are implicated and he is implicated in the documents from time when he was at Scar as an assistant. When faced with the possibility of 80 years in a federal pen, somebody will start singing.
    If we paid money for those two then Lamont and Frank are not very wise when it comes to the green. One overachiever and one underachiever in my opinion. I would not be surprised if Frank is involved in this deal but I just cannot see the talent that would have to have money to sign on our team. Before you get all holier than thou on us you really should look into your own past. Tates Locke made this stuff look like child's play but that was before the sundry world of AAU was ever thought of so it wasn't as blown up by the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Raid View Post
    If we paid money for those two then Lamont and Frank are not very wise when it comes to the green. One overachiever and one underachiever in my opinion. I would not be surprised if Frank is involved in this deal but I just cannot see the talent that would have to have money to sign on our team. Before you get all holier than thou on us you really should look into your own past. Tates Locke made this stuff look like child's play but that was before the sundry world of AAU was ever thought of so it wasn't as blown up by the media.
    Probably didn't have anything to do with Thornwell growing up in SC being a lifelong gamecock fan; or the fact that Dozier's dad actually played at SC. I very well could be wrong. Hell if someone wanted to give me free money to go to school where I was going anyway, I'd take it (maybe)(if it were cash not Adidas checks)
    Last edited by baydog; 09-27-2017 at 01:04 PM.

jwilliams is online now 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I'm no expert on Scar basketball, but had they ever made it into a sweet 16 before? Now they go to the final 4 and there is "nothing to see here" when implicated? They have obviously done something right (or very wrong)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

I am very interested to see how this "money" was reported on Adidas balance sheets.

do they have a "AAU Bribe" line on their general ledger?

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    I am very interested to see how this "money" was reported on Adidas balance sheets.

Customer support.

More I think about it, Meals and Entertainment. That M&E line has took a many a men down.
    Last edited by SaltMuck; 09-27-2017 at 01:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

"Investments"

If they can get a kid to go play ball for Louisville or Miami and he wears Adidas shoes for a year or two and he likes them. He may be inclined to accept a contract with Adidas even if Nike offers a little more. Then they have a big name wearing Adidas.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Fuck Climp5in

56-7

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Customer support.

More I think about it, Meals and Entertainment. That M&E line has took a many a men down.
    I was going to sale Entertainment as well. But marketing would be a good place to hide it.

Thinking along same lines, next up will be the CP2000 letters from the IRS

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I was in school with Code, Dale Davis and Eldin Campbell. My roommate at the time tutored all three. Those guys all had new computers they couldn't even turn on much less use, closets full of designer clothes and enough swag to furnish a pawn shop. None of them could do basic math or read a lick. Code must have learned to read and do math after he got out of school.
    Salty- were you in school for 10 years?
    Merl Code was at Clemson from 1993-1997.
    Elden Campbell was at Clemson from 1986-1990
    Dale Davis was at Clemson from 1987-1991

Lol.....

I was wondering the same thing. Bwahahahahahaha.
    \"Go to Know\"

News from Bleacher Report:

Petino's bullshit will likely cause the AD to be ousted.

This could (would?) literally halve the buyout for Petrino. Petrino's buyout is, evidently, tied to the continued employment of his AD (wtf?).

By the end of the football season (with the likely high profile openings that we could see across the board in college football), Louisville could be without their AD, their head CBB coach, AND their beloved (choke) CFB coach.

You couldn't make this shit up if you tried.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    News from Bleacher Report:

Petino's bullshit will likely cause the AD to be ousted.

This could (would?) literally halve the buyout for Petrino. Petrino's buyout is, evidently, tied to the continued employment of his AD (wtf?).

By the end of the football season (with the likely high profile openings that we could see across the board in college football), Louisville could be without their AD, their head CBB coach, AND their beloved (choke) CFB coach.

You couldn't make this shit up if you tried.

yep, the Coots should have waited a year to hire that baseball coach. He may be ripe for the picking now.

you are missing the point. This isn't about any holier than thou BS from me. This is about your comment suggesting that nothing would happen to Scar. This is not the NCAA this is the feds and the FBI, they are like a pack of wolverines and they are coming. 92% success rate on convictions with this crowd. I would prepare for something out of this if I were a Scar fan, that's all.

Heard Nike reps were being Subpoenaed by the FBI today. This thing is just getting started...