Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This FBI investigation making any Gamecocks nervous?

Default This FBI investigation making any Gamecocks nervous?

With all of the accusations of Clemson cheating, wouldn't it be ironic if South Carolina's Final 4 run was bought? In the FBI indictment released yesterday, South Carolina and PJ Dozier are clearly discussed in relation to Lamont Evans.

College Basketball recruiting is a dirty game, and yesterday was a good day to be a pretty shitty basketball school.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Looks like Clemson is involved too according to WYFF this morning
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Oops
    "Pain, or damage don't end the world — or despair, or fu**in' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, ......and give some back." -Al Swearingen

MMMM nope. Merl Code, and ex Clemson player, is heavily involved due to his affiliation with Adidas
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    MMMM nope. Merl Code, and ex Clemson player, is heavily involved due to his affiliation with Adidas
    Imagine that the News reported something incorrectly.

I stand corrected

Petino is gonna fry

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I assume Petino's firing will be announced today

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    Imagine that the News reported something incorrectly.

I stand corrected
    Here is the news article from wyff
    http://www.wyff4.com/article/former-...nfirm/12477412

You just misunderstood the article.

Should happen this morning.

To answer your original question, No.

The way the Feds have positioned their investigation actually shelters the member institutions a little bit. They have painted these assistant coaches as rogue. This is probably an accurate description. If any players did take money, though, then the NCAA has grounds to bring the hammer down. Louisville and Miami are in deep doodoo.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

The tentacles already have reached some of biggest names in the sport including an assistant for the preseason No. 1 team in Arizona, a Louisville prospect’s recruitment and an assistant who helped build the roster South Carolina took to the Final Four last season....USA TODAY
    Last edited by jwilliams; 09-27-2017 at 07:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

I was in school with Code, Dale Davis and Eldin Campbell. My roommate at the time tutored all three. Those guys all had new computers they couldn't even turn on much less use, closets full of designer clothes and enough swag to furnish a pawn shop. None of them could do basic math or read a lick. Code must have learned to read and do math after he got out of school.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

The common theme that I heard yesterday on national sports talk was that the NCAA had no knowledge of this investigation. My guess is that the NCAA may have asked the feds for this help because they didn't have the resources to stop what was going on in college basketball.

When you have a "one and done player", an agent can pay him $200k, and recoup their investment in 7 months. With a football player, they cannot be drafted for 3 years, which makes it a longer term investment.

Can you imagine the agents, runners, and coaches trying to get a piece of Zion Williamson? The kid is already famous nationally. My guess is that this news is exactly what Clemson needs to have a legit shot with him.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Here is the news article from wyff
    http://www.wyff4.com/article/former-...nfirm/12477412

You just misunderstood the article.
    I didn't read the article I heard it on the TV this morning. I still could have misunderstood but I'm pretty sure the lady never mentioned the addidas part turkeykilla mentioned.

But according to my wife I don't listen so who knows

Can you imagine the agents, runners, and coaches trying to get a piece of Zion Williamson? The kid is already famous nationally. My guess is that this news is exactly what Clemson needs to have a legit shot with him.[/QUOTE]

Your football's success is skewing your rational thought process. He ain't playing basketball for Clemson.
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Pride View Post
    Your football's success is skewing your rational thought process. He ain't playing basketball for Clemson.
    If he does, THAT should warrant an investigation.

This coming from a lifelong Clemson fan.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I was in school with Code, Dale Davis and Eldin Campbell. My roommate at the time tutored all three. Those guys all had new computers they couldn't even turn on much less use, closets full of designer clothes and enough swag to furnish a pawn shop. None of them could do basic math or read a lick. Code must have learned to read and do math after he got out of school.
    They were selling more weed than Pablo Escobar, or at least Easy E was...

So without reading up on this, what warrants the FBI being involved in this versus other allegations like in football?

Dont think I ever remember the FBI being involved

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Pride View Post

Thank you. They dont understand that a top 5 player in the nation with the ability to play for Kansas, Duke or UNC as a freshman... aint going to Clemzzon.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 09-27-2017 at 08:54 AM.