Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full Size to Mid Size

Going from a full size truck to a mid size truck is the equivalent of telling a woman her tits are too big and you just like a small chest. Pure faggotry.

The HT is a helluva lot heavier than the 15' duracraft.

I just go around them.

And as mentioned above, the locking diff is the tits. Damn truck will anywhere.

Looking at trucks myself...can i ask mars bluff why your truck has been to shop??

I got a old body style Colorado (08) 4wd 4 door and love it. I will say it doesn't happen often but when your in the situation you really need the 4wd to get through something I'm happy as hell I have the Colorado not the Silverado.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Going from a full size truck to a mid size truck is the equivalent of telling a woman her tits are too big and you just like a small chest. Pure faggotry.
    Better take his advice on this. You will not be happy
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I already have a three quarter ton. The half ton trucks they're putting out these days, both Ford and Chevy I don't care for. They're not really trucks anymore.. And I think it's silly to buy another three quarter ton for business so, it's a four door Tacoma. There's no way in forty hella that I'm buying another brand tiny truck.

Not a tacoma but I bought a tundra and absolutely love having a toyota. I will probably buy another toyota truck after this one.

Friend of mine has the same truck I have (1st gen tundra) with 489,xxx miles on it. No motor work or transmission work ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by hunt em down View Post
    Looking at trucks myself...can i ask mars bluff why your truck has been to shop??
    Service shop has been the main issue as they have shit up two appointments but right now, the torque converter has gone bad. 2015 with 25,000 miles on it. They are changing the fluids in hopes it corrects it. My warranty will be out in Jan so I'm a bit nervous. Done some reading online & some state that the fluid/oil chg is a band aid that'll eventually come back. Maybe KRT can speak on this. Before that I had to carry it in because my seat was moving when I would make a turn. Appears to be a common problem. Other issue is the paint is flaking on the fender trims on the passenger side. They have already done two recalls on the truck one of which fixed a hard bump when truck was put in drive on cold starts. When the torque converter went last week, it was bad. I thought the steering wheel was about to come off. It became constant once truck warmed up. Truck has the 6.2 motor.
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 09-27-2017 at 07:34 AM.

I will tell you this MB the best thing you can do is get the hell out of a turd ass GM product. Best decision I made was getting back into a Toyota.

Now how all of us gonna pile in a little truck to go to the hole? Go ahead and get you another f150 with the 5.0 and be done with it!
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by DuckorBust View Post
    Now how all of us gonna pile in a little truck to go to the hole? Go ahead and get you another f150 with the 5.0 and be done with it!
    Yo ass alone wouldn't fit in a Tacoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Yo ass alone wouldn't fit in a Tacoma.
    Exactly!!
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

You are a big fella. Mars, I've got a GMC and a Chevy in my parking lot, new mind you, that have been back to the dealership a few times each. A few different problems, and that's exactly why I'm doing the same as you, it'll be a second truck though.

If there is ONE hiccup when I get it back, it'll be gone. Just not sure which direction to go. And I know they all have problems which really pisses me off because of what they cost!

If a vehicle is on this list, don't buy it.

https://uaw.org/solidarity-magazine/...vehicles-list/

I was going to buy a new truck at the first of the year. Now I think I might just run this old 97 z71 for a couple more years, nothing major has broke yet in 312,000 miles. I know of several 2015 and 2016 GM trucks that have been in and out of the shop. One was due to transmission issues, a few had the electrical system mess up and one burnt in the boat landing parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Service shop has been the main issue as they have shit up two appointments but right now, the torque converter has gone bad. 2015 with 25,000 miles on it. They are changing the fluids in hopes it corrects it. My warranty will be out in Jan so I'm a bit nervous. Done some reading online & some state that the fluid/oil chg is a band aid that'll eventually come back. Maybe KRT can speak on this. Before that I had to carry it in because my seat was moving when I would make a turn. Appears to be a common problem. Other issue is the paint is flaking on the fender trims on the passenger side. They have already done two recalls on the truck one of which fixed a hard bump when truck was put in drive on cold starts. When the torque converter went last week, it was bad. I thought the steering wheel was about to come off. It became constant once truck warmed up. Truck has the 6.2 motor.
    Go the dealership owner or manager and get him to get GM to give you an extended warranty, should not be a problem with the obvious documented trouble you have had. At least it may give you a little more time for deciding. And I watched you park that truck in a shoebox wearing a tux, so parking one shouldn't be a deciding factor.

You got 5/yrs and 100/k on the 2015's powertrain. I do think
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I went from Tahoe z71 averaging 11 mpg to a BMW X5 averaging 22 on the last tank. I'm ok with what I gave up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft