Thread: Laminate floating floor question

Default Laminate floating floor question

I had to have some foundation issues corrected 3-4 years ago in our house. Now I am looking to replace ceramic tile with hardwood or laminate style floating floor throughout 1st floor. Will this floating design cover up any minor imperfections in subfloor? I know I have a couple spots where there are low spots (less than 1/4 inch difference). Can these be leveled and then run planks over top? Any suggestions on flooring or at least those to stay away from.

After you put some floor leveler down, underlayment, and then the planks you're not going to have any issues. I can't remember the brand we bought, but it was on sale at Home Depot for a steal. If you have never done it, read the instructions a good 3 times before you go chopping stuff up. Once you get get going it's pretty easy especially if you don't have a bunch of angles.

I looked at five million flooring options for my remodel im about to finish, I had a framing issue (im on crawlspace) and had a lower spot on one end of my sunroom. I went with 3/4" thick white oak and love it. Its sturdy and you wouldnt even know the floor had a dip in it over there.

Thanks, that is what I needed to hear.