Thread: 1st tournament of the TBF Lower State Tournament Trail

Default 1st tournament of the TBF Lower State Tournament Trail

We had our first tourney of the year on Saturday out of Short Stay on Moultrie. This is the first year of being split from the upper state trail (which usually has 200+ boats). This trail has only been in existence for 3 years and we had 69 boats which was awesome. We are sanctioned now just like the upper state and at the end of the year our top ten teams will fish against their top ten teams for the state championship to see who will go to the national tournament. If any of you guys that have kids that go to schools without a team and are interested, let me know. In the last month, Tony (trail director) has been to 9 schools and signed up 9 schools. He has worked his butt trying to grow our lower state trail. Let me know and I can get you in contact with him.

Now for the tournament report:
    During a month of prefishing, I had fish on trees between Harry's and Rock's. Caught 3 over 5lbs. When we were there Friday, caught 1 and pulled up the trolling motor and left. The water had dropped considerably in the last week and wasn't sure how that would effect where I was fishing. Needless to say we only caught one in the area that had been holding decent fish the few weeks before. We ended up with only 2 fish that would weigh. My boys weighed in only 5lbs. We caught several dinks that were 12-13". Funny thing was that both fish we weighed in came out of 2ft or less water (one of the trees and 1 off the canal). Needless to say it was a tough day but that's why they call it fishing and not catching I guess. I think between 13 and 14lbs won it with 1 team catching a 9lb fish.

Pertaining to the question I was asking about Moultrie and the wind..........It was ROUGH going across the lake that morning. Boat came completely out of the water one time! Coming back that afternoon was not bad at all. I still hate navigating the lower lake though, but we lived to talk about it. Lol.

Next tournament is at Murray on Oct 21 our Dreher. Plan on fishing a couple times before then. I haven't spent too much time on Murray except a couple of red man's and a couple club tournaments so I have some work to do between now and then.

Lastly, I will say again.....this is the most fun that I've ever had tournament bass fishing and it's all because I'm spending time with my boy and making memories that will last us both a lifetime. The joy experienced when my son catches fish is second to none. I'm one proud dad I tell ya!!
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Is you boy on the West Florence team or the South Florence team?

I saw on Facebook where the big fish was 9 lbs 4 ozs and the West Florence team came in 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Is you boy on the West Florence team or the South Florence team?

I saw on Facebook where the big fish was 9 lbs 4 ozs and the West Florence team came in 4th.
    Lol. Yup that's the hawg that was caught. We are on the South Florence team. They weighed in 2 and had another that was short. I think they lost by just ounces. You the one that showed them around? Lol

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

CP#96743

I was at home on the sofa Saturday.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was talking about before Saturday ��

CP#96743

I fished with the other boys grandfather a few times this spring and summer. I'm pretty sure they went to a couple of those spots.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Word is it was Russelville but that's just hearsay

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by DuckorBust View Post
    Word is it was Russelville but that's just hearsay

Yep, they were definitely in Russellville.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Wouldn't be surprised if they caught that one around Angels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

This was a great tournament and the first for my son and his teammate. I am now the Director for the PAC (Providence Athletic Club) High School Bass Fishing Team. This team is for home schooled students 6th-12th grades in the Midlands. If anyone here is interested, send me a PM, and I will be in touch.
    Christian Southern White Heterosexual Gun-Toting Male (The world's most hated minority)

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDUX View Post
    This was a great tournament and the first for my son and his teammate. I am now the Director for the PAC (Providence Athletic Club) High School Bass Fishing Team. This team is for home schooled students 6th-12th grades in the Midlands. If anyone here is interested, send me a PM, and I will be in touch.
    Was a great tournament indeed and will only get bigger and better. Next tournament hit me up. We fish for South Florence and will be in the dark green Triton TR21. Let's just say I'm a really tall fella

CP#96743